Sunrader Camper Collides with Locked FZJ80 Land Cruiser

Mikesta

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I look at these pictures the more confused I get. No evidence of ever having a hot water heater. Fridge sat on top of a generator box. Shower in the back looks like an add on. Framing is way bigger than Sunrader ever used. So glad you got this one. It needed someone who could do it up right.

Linda S

There was a 26 gallon tank available from Sunrader as an option. Looks like you've got one. Your axle is in demand too. Lots of stuff to sell and recover some of your costs. Last 26 gallon tanks that were made for this chassis cost over 700 dollars. Axle with wheels sell for a grand near me.

Linda S

Good to Know Linda, yea, I have the axle listed with the airbags and tires for $1,000.

Derek: The tank is 34" x 13 1/2" x 14 1/2" OD which is 28 gallons. Also for sale.

Learn new stuff every day.

I was able to pull the axle/swaybar/air bag setup off the frame today... also pulled the tank. Tomorrow, I'm heading back to the 100 year old barn so no real progress till that is tidied up. Happy thanksgiving.

Just looked at your ad. Why not do a quick test of the air springs while they're still installed. Assuming the lines are intact. Just partially inflate them and slop some kids bubble solution on everything. Any leak should show up. Might not get you more money, but will make the 'package' more appealing if you can say 'tested' OK. And maybe sell the air springs separately?

I have a few Sunrader/Toyota parts for sale over at http://sunrader.com/sunrader-parts. Hoping to recoup some of the cost to have this Sunrader shipped to me. Many more truck parts will go up on ebay as well.

I sent a link to your Sunrader site to a woman on the Toyota campers site who needs the wheel skirts. Her name is Diana.

Linda S

Well, I've been delaying the cutting of the cruiser because I don't know where to cut it yet. I'm thinking of cutting the floor out of the sunrader and then creating a fiberglass/wood floor that will mold to the floor of the cruiser and then cut the quarters out leaving the floors in... but them I'm thinking of removing the body all together and fabbing a flat platform that the Sunrader body will set on.

Just depends on if I keep the existing seats/seat belts in the cruiser config or go to a complete RV type..... lots of thoughts here.

The woman who I thought needed fender skirts had already upgraded to a newer nothing needed Sunrader. I did post your giant gas tank on the toyota-campers site with a link to your website. Hope you get some response on your stuff.

Linda S