Odyssey repair

I'm a new-b here and picked up a 1979 Odyssey 4 speed stick R20 engine. Its 17' 6" bumper to bumper. I have started the repairing and its a handful and money pit for me. Just love it, had couple spots floor rot. I did the epoxy and vapor seal with 1/2" treated 20 year ply on floor. Will put tile down, the carpet 2 sets was the pits! Got my new water tank in waiting hose fill inlet to redo the plumbing using pvc 600 lb. 1/2". Have removed lower half of rear bulkhead under picture window. what a rotted mess and engineers nightmare! Patch work 1x1 and 1x3 with styerofoam. That stuff was stapled in before the outside skin was put on. Makes for tough repair from inside only! Named it Odd Duck.

I have taken off the complete tail light assemblys and tag light and tag holder. Doing a cleanup inside and outside before i go any farther with repair work. Have to go to Lowes and get water fittings and such. Going to order eternabond double side tape and 1 1/4" alum. angle to replace all the alum. trim that has let go and sagging every where. Gee this is lots of work i need to complete by July 1st!

Well while i went to town for parts. A dreaded thunderstom came thru and drenched my MH!Water every where up on sagging roof on inside from missing tail light assy.'s. and open side box covers. Then Lowes closed at 6 pm, i thought it stayed open til 7, so was able to grab 3 water fittings. Didn't have time to get paneling or insulated foam or treated 1"x 1 1/2" boards. Have put down rear bulkhead repair on paper worked it out so now its finish the rip out and cleanup while the Odd duck drys out!This will set me back couple of days for sure.

Well while i went to town for parts. A dreaded thunderstom came thru and drenched my MH!Water every where up on sagging roof on inside from missing tail light assy.'s. and open side box covers.

I have always found it judicious to cover any open project with heavy builders plastic then toss a tarp over that and tie it down to keep any winds from blowing everything away, even for short trips away for parts and such. It only takes a few minutes but can save you days of running a fan inside to dry everything out :(

Good luck on your Odd Duck. May the weather not be duck favoring,

but cooperate fully with your plans. We are repairing/rehabbing our

"new" 86 dolphin. We too have repairs in the rear of the vehicle.

Water damage seemed to come from leak in bathroom and from the

underside from corner collision damage. We are going to live with

some make do's for the summer trip to Oregon, and really do plywood

sub floor and rear panel replacement when we get back.

I was planning on using the spray foam insulation for the rear repair.

Maybe some one might have some good advice for or against it.

I have a some lightweight marine plywood picked out and am locating

some filon. I also want to know if I could safely remove the

fiberglass panels in the rear and do the wall repairs and rebond it to

the new wall? If not, should I just put new filon sheets on the new

marine ply with contact adhesive? It would be the only non-

corrugated face of the vehicle, but smooth if I can pull it off. :usd:

My husband thinks I'm crazy to take this on, but a gal's gotta do

what she otta do. He's the mechanic/electrician/plumber and I'm the

upholsterer and wanna be carpenter and miscellaneous custom

designer/dreamer.

Keep posting your progress!

Kim