Cheapest place on the East Coast to camp by the ocean

gr8white

In North Florida (East Coast) you can stay at Anastasia State Park very close to St. Augustine for $28 a night. Half price for veterans, over 65 or disabled. I believe you need to be a Florida resident for the last two. Call first, they are very crowded in the winter, even with 80 RV sites. This is a GREAT place to stay.

Im looking for the cheapest place to camp on the east coast on the ocean. The Florida Keys are kind of expensive. Anyone know anyplace else?

This time of year there are probably many ultra-cheap places to camp by the ocean in Maine. I assume that's a little colder then you had in mind. We "winter" camped near Demariscotta ME for $10 a night.

I was just looking for availability of State Park campsites on Big Pine Key in Florida (east AND west coast border I guess). All sites at Bahia Honda are reserved until the middle of May.It's the cheapest place I know of in the Keys. Bahia Honda has sites on the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. $36 a night but reserved to death. Many sit empty but since they are reserved, you cannot use them.

If I wanted somewhere warm near water - and I had no reservations - the Front Country State campground on Big Pine Key or the Flamingo State campground in the Evergrlades are "first come, first served" and don't get locked up by reservations. Some sites are $16 a night or $8 if you've got a old-geezer pass card.