Average age of Toy owners?

fred heath

Im 38 and have no wife. Would love to find one that likes to travel? Know anyone? LOL.....

now why on earth would you want to mess THAT up? that's the dream man... you just need a best buddy; like a german shepherd or Chewbacca

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsieur truite vient de la rive sud de montréal. Mon anglais est plutot ordinaire mais le site est vraiment interessant. Bien content de voir d'autre personne qui parle francais. Au plaisir

Derek dans le Nord parle français. Il est québécois.

50/50 hear (wife is 6 weeks older though).

Bought a 21 ft sunrader in 07. Drove it out west, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon with 2 kids, 9 and 15 at the time. That was a little cozy.

Bought an Odyssey 3 years ago as a flip project. As they often do, it needed more work than thought. Ended up selling the sunrader a few years back when funds were a bit short. Would like to get back to a Sunrader one of these days, probably 18 fter as kids will be less likely to travel with us then.

Hi I'm 65 and my child bride is 52.

We have a 1989 Seabreeze which we got last Jan. It has 37000 mi. We put on a new awning, heater blower motor, deep cycle batt, fixed cab air, new radiator, water pump. We get 11 mpg. Only used it a few times mainly to drive to our piece of land 20 mi east of home out in the desert.

I lived for years in my 1955 International 1-ton pickup with a cab over camper. bathed in an inflatable child's pool, crapped in a porta potty, parked near mobile home parks at night and showered at the university. Later drove a 1984 Nissan Sandtana as a daily driver and back and forth to Sonora mexico...consistantly got over 20 mpg.

before the pickup I drove a 1955 International travelall which I had tricked out into a camper van. All in all I drove those Internationals as my full time vehicle for 20 years..sold them both for more than I paid for them.

I'm a retired music teacher and active jazz pianist. Wifey is pint sized latina from El Salvador, We have a schnauzer who loves us both equally. we both have grown kids from previous marriages.

We are going to live in our Seabreeze for six mo. when we rent our home out next year prior to our move to Puerto Rico. We'll then sell the MH and try to get back some of our investment.

I also bought a 245 W solar panel that rides inside and remotely charges the battery. It's a little heavy and a yyyy to move in and out though.

Hello Everyone, I am new to the site! Thanks for all the great information. I am 26, I just made an amazing purchase of my dream RV a 1978 Chinook Newport.

Sorry about that 86Rader! Didn't realize I Could change the font size.

I am 26, and I just purchased my Dream RV! a 1978 Chinook Newport. I've always wanted a small Rv that was full fiberglass based of the 70's Toyota. A few weeks ago I was driving back from North Carolina in my car and by chance stumbled across this sweet machine. Bought it on the spot and had it delivered the last weekend. I am looking forward to many miles ahead. She needs some work, but I plan on keeping her for a long time.

Thank you, MontanaChinook! Do you know how many of these Newport/Omegas were built? I am very much looking forward to traveling in this sweet machine.

I'm 40, she's 34 the daughter is 5.

I just picked up a '90 Seabreeze (900 model) yesterday with 73k miles. Had a blowout on the last 10 miles of the 160 mile trip (and the hose blew on the passenger side of the air ride suspension) but was able to continue driving to the house. Took it into the shop and had 6 new tires installed, transmission flush and fill, differential service, brakes, oil change and all new belts. I also own a 2006 Tacoma double cab and I have to say, I am REAL impressed with how well this thing runs for it to be so old! I need to repair some water damage and re-do the roof but I think I got a good deal on it.

Andy

post-7196-0-59920100-1370751279_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 57 and proud owner of a '90 Odyssey/Americana for 7 yrs- have been sea to shining sea (east/west) and back again. I'm in the process of taking care of all those things I didn't know needed taking care of...I've learned my lesson B) I thought I was going to retire and travel forever but had a rude awakening when the recession hit. I will never be separated from my Toy. Want to take her on a north/south and back again next chance I get.

Wondering why anyone thinks it matters how old the average Toyhome owner is? They are as desireable to someone who is 17 as they are to someone who is a senior citizen. It is all a matter of lifestyle choice which actually has very little to do with age. For instance a person who is a senior and low income might abhor the idea of moving in with their kids or accepting financial help from them and a person of 18 might abhor the idea of having to live at home with their parents or be financially dependent on them. So for both of those situations the motivation is equal even though there is a wide disparity in age and a Toyhome is the answer to their independence. A toyhome is the idea vacation home for a young family just as it is for someone newly retired. Age is completely irrevelant.

My question is again what difference does it make how old anyone is? Why make it part of your identiy? Why is it even a subject of curiosity?

My question is again what difference does it make how old anyone is? Why make it part of your identiy? Why is it even a subject of curiosity

Karin,

I asked the question when I first joined this forum. I had never even heard of Toyota Motorhomes until maybe a year before I purchased mine.

Just like a corvette might appeal to a certain demographic group, I was curious what group the toyhomes fell into.

The question mushroomed and took on a life of its own. It was never intended to be an age biased question.

well maybe because the OP was curious where he fit in in the Bell curve of statistics. Statistics can show many things; can comfort or alarm. For example perhaps one wonders how many posters or members in here are young whipper snappers or is seeking out members more closely to thier own age group and cannot simply tell based solely on Icon showing an RV. Since its the OP's thread you are free to post your age if you feel like it or don't if you do not. Of course I would recon some in here might just not participate other might have an age phobia and embellish one way or another. The 17 year old owner could think he or she is the baby only to have the 16 year old orphan owner proove he or she wrong. Perhaps someone is feeling a bit over the hill as a 90 year old owner only to be comforted that a 91 year old owner just made their first toy home purchase.

Age to me personally is a badge; I liked how Jerry Seinfeld put it the other day on a radio interview. I believe he was given the question, if you could go back and be young again would you? He said NO.

when asked why he stated that he loved that he can walk in a room now and his wisdom gives him an ability to "see" what people are thinking and doing; that he now has a gut feeling on many things based on experience and that helps him to know he has "seen this before" and to avoid things or make an effort toward them. He said it was worth the "physical deterioration" to shed the naivety or something. I couldn't agree more (with Jerry).

We've driven our 87 Sea Breeze on a few more trips lately and consistently get 14 mpg (not the 11 as previously reported).

• 3 weeks later...

I am 71, and my wife is 63. We just bought a 92 Toye Winnie, and are planning to hit the road after

A lifetime of working as teachers. North, south, east and west - that's where we're headed. Who knows? wherever sounds good, so any suggestions would be welcomed! The idea of festivals (music, food, local events, etc.) sounds good, as does resting beside a cool lake, surrounded by pines, trout jumping at my line...

I'm 24, my girlfriend is 22, and our puppy is about 1 1/2. I bought an 83 sunrader last year and I'm currently renovating it with the help of her dad and brother so that we can full time in it for a little while, while we look for a new place in Colorado.

• 4 months later...

27, I chose to stop paying rent after the landlord boosted it 114% on me after living there for 4 years.. so my girlfriend and I decided to live off the grid and on the road. I've done a lot of work and she's pretty well off. I do have an exhaust leak that's apparently backfiring into the carb and clogging up my air filter so I'm gonna take that for her first shop repair after I'm done bleeding the brakes (broke a line the other day so might as well replace both!) I also have a rear axle gasket leaking gear oil into my rear left brake. Luckily shes 4 speed so I'm pretty good at downshifting now!! The major thing of concern for me is when I was doing my brake line I noticed bad rusting on an engine mount that's going to need to be addressed before it's too late!!

41. Wife is 39. Baby Sura is 5 months old.

The fun of it for me is that my friends NEVER expected 1) that I'd buy and RV, and 2) That it would be ahem...'vintage.'

I love the damn thing! Can't wait to try it out at the local ski resort this weekend.

27, I chose to stop paying rent after the landlord boosted it 114% on me after living there for 4 years.. so my girlfriend and I decided to live off the grid and on the road. I've done a lot of work and she's pretty well off. I do have an exhaust leak that's apparently backfiring into the carb and clogging up my air filter so I'm gonna take that for her first shop repair after I'm done bleeding the brakes (broke a line the other day so might as well replace both!) I also have a rear axle gasket leaking gear oil into my rear left brake. Luckily shes 4 speed so I'm pretty good at downshifting now!! The major thing of concern for me is when I was doing my brake line I noticed bad rusting on an engine mount that's going to need to be addressed before it's too late!!

If your running a 5 lug axle on the rear, your leak could be from a bearing seal. Very dangerous as the axle shaft could separate from the carrier. Read the forum section dealing with 5 lug axles with "foolies".

If your 6 lug, not so dangerous, but should be changed.

I own an 87 4x4 Sunrader and let's just say I was 17 when this camper rolled off the factory floor, one of the best years of my life! Don't know what it is but I feel young again when I get behind the wheel. Prepping my Rader for paddling and back country split boarding adventures. Wife (also holding at 21 )lives to ski, 12 year old loves the Rader, 17 year old is a lost cause girls and music dominate. May these Toy homes live on!

• 3 weeks later...