1987 MINI CRUISER CAB OVER REPAIR "TARE DOWN"

sdboltdude

FIRST PART OF REPAIR TOOK ABOUT 3 HOURS

GOING TO STABILIZE RV THIS WEEKEND AND TAKE DOWN WALLS(OUTSIDE SUPPORT OF CAB-OVER AND LEVEL OFF)

LEAKED AT LOWER ROOF SEAM DESTROYED FRONT 2X1 SUPPORT BEAM..RIGHT SIDE WINDOW HAS SOME ROT....

SO FAR SO GOOD.. WE MADE OUR TEMPLATES OF SIDE WALLS AND FRONT CAB & MEASURED OUT EVERYTHING

BROTHER IS FOREMAN AND I AM JUST TOOL-BOY (ASKED HIM TO TEACH ME HOW TO FIX HE LAUGHED SAID NOT ENOUGH TIME GET OUT OF MY WAY) SO I WILL TRY MY BEST TO TAKE PICS/VIDS OF REPAIR....

YOUTUBE VID http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaqzEVMZ8I&feature=youtu.be

PICS http://toyotamotorho...llery&album=372

MORE TO COME.....

post-6388-0-87119800-1353079251_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-25786300-1353079270_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-63651000-1353079361_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-16947100-1353079465_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-19062700-1353079491_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-49149900-1353080313_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-41740800-1353080319_thumb.jp

I think I saw this one listed on CL a couple of months back. PA or MD maybe? I think they just wanted it gone for like $400 or something. No title either IIRC.

Im sure they wanted it gone....thats bad

dont mean to shame the owners it just puts a tear in my eye..

No worries. I think being wasteful is a sin too.

But, look at the bright side: Someone will probably come along and use parts of her to give life to another Toyhome. ToyHome "owner culture" (if such a thing exists) seems to dictate that if a unit can't be saved, then it should be used as a donor for other units. That's much better than just shippng her out to the metal chipper.

This is one of the things I like most about this forum and other ToyHome communities I have seen. The owners on this forum seem to have a genuine and keen interest, not only in their units, but also in the Toyhomes owned by others. This community generally strives to better it's collective lot by sharing information, materials, and if possible, a little elbow grease. So, when you see a unit that has been abused like that it's a bit of a shock to the system, I think.

And, I'm not sure you can say this about all MH owners clubs or communities, except for maybe the ones that cover the more specialized or unique types of RVs. My impression is that some of the communities that correspond to different types of MHs don't seem to have the same sense of mission like ToyHome owners do. A lot of them seem to only be interested in having the biggest and most expensive unit, and making sure that everyone on the forum or in the RV park knows it.

True story: I once saw a photo on another forum of a huge, and I mean HUUUUUGE diesel pusher that had a 30' Super C as a toad. Probably about three-quarters of a million bucks worth of MHs, maybe more. The pic was obviously posted just to say, "Look at me. I have so much money I can just piss it away." The couple that owned this monstrosity actually claimed that the Super C was for when they wanted to get of the beaten path and "rough" it. Unbelievable.

I don't get a sense of that happening here. Everyone owns pretty much the same unit, with a few variations in layout and mechanicals, so there's no point in bragging about yours. Makes for a much more positive and supportive atmosphere, if you ask me.

So, I think eveyone here probably shares your opinion. But like I said, this is also an opportunity for someone to resucitate another sick unit and get her back on the road, so it's not a total loss.

I enjoy this site allot

you have some good people here willing to help others out no matter if stupid questions and most of all give them some good info & knowledge about toyhomes Ive been to lot of forum site and irc sites and been be-little or just allot of fighting on who is the smartest.....

ty for all who support and blog on this site

steve