Hot Showers On The Road

centralman

Hello everyone, I am a Canadian living in Vancouver BC. I make quite a few trips down to the US every year. And I am wondering where I can have a hot shower while on the road - as I don't use my shower in my MH as I use it as storage place. Usually I travel with my wife and my son, and having a shower at truck stops was pretty expensive - something like 9, 10 dollars per person. Any suggestion?

Do a little research and find a chain of 24 hr Health Clubs that are were your from and where you want to go. Then see what a monthly family membership..

In the larger city they typically are $15-25 dollars a month for a single.

WME

I have a flying J membership and several Iphone apps. flying J, TA and Lovies all have plans where so many gallons of fuel etc gets free showers or have shower cards you can buy etc. some of the iphone truck stop apps will show which truck stops or toll plazas have free showers.

if truly desperate one could do the old splash and dash; hit a campground park up front by the entrance and mozie back towards the shower stalls with a backpack...

ICamp is a great iphone camping app.

My wife and I use the shower in our Itasca exclusively while we camp and travel in the Western states. The process is simple:

Always be on the look out for a place to take fresh water. Fire up the hot water heater while filling up.

Drive to a secluded (or not) location and take showers.

Either dump the grey water there, at your remote campsite or hold until you pass an RV dump station. It's up to you.

Before you leave the area, top off the fresh water again.

We have the entire process down to 1 hour.

It's a nice break during a day of driving.

YMMV.

Thanks everyone for their input. I most certainly will take Totem's advise into consideration. It's because:

1. I only need the hot shower during transit, and that amounts to less than 10 times in a year. Showering in campground at destination is usually not a problem. Unless there are times when I traveled to Mexico where those campgrounds say they have hot showers but in fact the showers are cold.

2. The wood panel in the shower room has some damage and I can see the color of the wood is dark looks like maybe water damage hence I never wanted to exacerbate the problem.

Quote from http://www.pilotflyingj.com/best-shower

RT Project5050: God Bless the Flying J and Pilot truck stops that give us a free shower with every 14 gallon fill up. @ShanePatrick50 was in need!! MuchLOVE

If that's true problem solved!

On the road print out free passes from 24 hour fitness, golds gym and la fitness

All gyms have free passes. If you are literally traveling you can shower for free at gyms for the rest of your life.

Golds.com usually gives you a two week pass.

And the next town with a golds you can get another one. La fitness is equally lax.

I don't think there's much to fill out but its been a while. I remember 24 hour fitness used to have two week passes and now they are only 3 days.

But between those three that's. A month of free gyms and I'm sure pplanet fitness has them. Ballys whereever they still are has them, the ymca and local gyms.

After that go to city colleges