Is it safe to walk on the roof?

aptruncata

i know i shouldn't be up there unless it's necessary, but will the roof support my weight?

i'd like to get up there one day and scrub off some of the gunk.

i have have 21' sunrader.

thank you

I would think it's a combination of:

1. Weight of person walking on roof

2. Where that person steps

3. Condition of MH

I've spent considerable time on two, both in excellent condition, walking in bare feet, avoiding skylights/antenna/vents, and, at 6' and 165 lbs, found them both to be quite stable.

However, I would think, if one is on top of a MH that has had issues in the form of rot walls and or ceiling, I certainly wouldn't take a chance.

And, they can rock sideways, so one wants to be careful in that regard. Plus, a little water up there can create a very slippery surface on the smooth exposed metal. These coaches aren't exactly made of steel, either. I wouldn't lean a ladder against one and I'd make sure a step ladder is high enough up so I can avoid putting any weight on the trim running on the edge of the sides. Also, I would suggest staying off the front area where the upper bed is, at least two or three feet from the front edge.

Remember to walk slowly and stay focused up there. It's about 9 and a half feet down.

i have a dolphin and i put two 3x3's with plywood between them across it to distribute the weight to the walls. i'm only 150 lbs but why take the chance of creating a lot of work to fix something i don't need to break in the first place. sure i wouldn't worry about crawling around on a fiberglass one :o).