Toyota won't start after sitting 2 days... help...

Odyssey4x4

My Toyota Odyssey won't start after sitting for 2 days. It's my daily driver, and starts just fine if I use it every day. I don't use excessive coach battery power at night (live in it full time, use LED lights).

When I try to start the motor home (3.0 V6), it just "clicks" and doesn't "turn over" at all. Any ideas? Possibly a bad battery isolater? Bad starter? Not sure what to do...

Timmy

www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com

When a battery gets cold, it's voltage gets lower, sometimes too low to give you more than a solenoid click.

My college car, an old Audi FOX, in Chicago wouldn't start unless the temp was at least -20 F. Taking the battery out and letting it warm up indoors for a few hours was how I managed to get a start (if I really wanted to go anywhere at those temps).

Giving your battery a boost from the coach battery by jumpering across the isolator for a few minutes prior to start might help.

YOU might try tapping on the starter if then starts most likely solenoid copper contacts inside where battery cable bolts on to starter common to pit or burn most of time no need to replace whole unit install new contacts maybe 8 to ten dollars very common problem have done several. this can make click click no start

quick check by turning on headlight and tapping the horn. But if the battery is dead, with the headlight on, starting will make it dim very quick...then it's the battery...otherwise...it could be one or more of these: starter, starter solenoid, ignition SW, wiring, transmission intlk...more details will be needed then

My Nissan Sunrader spent most of it's life near Fairbanks Alaska. When I got it it still had the battery heater and block heater installed. Unfortunately they require plug in to shore power. I would assume they were added because it needed the heaters to accommidate for the cold.

Linda S

IF IT is the solenoid contacts you can file them and reuse in emergency did not realize you were the guy in the far north