Newbie Wants to Buy Toyota Dolphin

Tim Buktu

FIRST OFF I'm sorry for hacking the OP !

I did ask him since he seemed to have moved on and not want the one he was asking about , I thought I'd ask where it was. Haven't heard back..

Didn't mean to start a oh yeah well I get """"

We all have our stories and comments , I know back in 92 I bought Honda Prelude, I believe the sticker said something like 18 city 24 hwy ? I had a 3 day weekend before I started a new job , so we left Chico Ca. went up to Redding over 299 to Eureka spent the night, then on up 101 then cut over to that drive through Safari in Oregon , (drove through it in their vehicle by the way lol) on over to I-5 back down to Chico over all averaged 31mpg...

Never got that kind of mileage again ???? lol

My brother bought a hyundai sonata a few months back, swore up and down he got 50mpg the first tank full, bragged on an on about it, now he barely gets 35mpg

Yeah. I guess we, sometimes, get a little passionate about our rides. Be it our Toyhomes, Miatas, Beemers or whatever. Lol! :D

Peace! :)

I owned two miatas this year. Both engines, neither can get 35 mpg with a tailwind entirely freeway run.

I drove my miatas and several cars back and forth from arcata to the bay area.

I owned a 03 civic with a freeway fifth gear that got 39 mpg on the freeway. 5 mpg above the epa fwy number.

For their weight and size miatas are gas guzzlers really. I tried to believe in them. I drove the 96 a lot I mean thousands of miles and by the time I was done it had swollen my kidneys it was so stiff and the seats didn't recline.

The thing I miss that my bmw can't do is the instant turn onto the onramp.

• 7 months later...

OK any thing in the 90's bring all the money that's not a bad price the extras sweeten the deal from the pictures it's a well kept rig. Some but not all 89's had a V6 90 up were all V6's Is the v6 as tough as a 4 no but just the same they are good engines you take care of it,it will take care of you. If your traveling around and living in it go with the V6 the power difference is worth it.If you can get that thing for 8K buy it!

not to start a war...but I always laugh at some of the mileage per gallon the 6 cylinder toy home owners are claiming in here too for that matter while in the same breath saying they are driving 65 -75 mph. fun stuff.

The mileage all ways goes up when it's time to sell!