Did I get a good deal on this motorhome

Bigfooter

I am purchasing a 1988 Toyota Shasta Motorhome for $5950. It has the 22re, auto w o/d, only 50k miles. it's a 19ft. It is in excellent condition with no dents or rust. It appears to not ever have leaked inside. It has the dual rear tires and the one ton rear end, which I understand is very desireable. The cab and camper look new inside and there is only minor decal flaking and fading on the outside. Everything works. It has a toilet, shower, oven , fridge. It seems like a good deal to me, but i have little experiance with these RVs. I have always been a Toyota driver and I do know that the 22re is outstanding.

Is this a fair price to pay? It has been garaged it's entire life and is a one owner RV. THe only thing missing is the stand that holds the table up in the dining area.

Thanks

I think you got a very good deal. I recently purchased a 1987 Dolphin with a 22re fuel injection, auto trans, 80K miles for $5975. It also is in good condition, but not as good as yours sounds. It had no rust, but I had to do a little body work to get it looking good. It has all the goodies, Onan genset, A/c., (amazingly everything works)1 ton, dual wheels with the good axle, We haven't taken any long trips, but it runs great with decent gas mileage 14-16 depending on the speed.