Unlimited Internet and TV while traveling in RV?

gr8white

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I definitely reviewed our disagreement....and im more positive now everything I said was correct. I guess anyone out there could be thomas edison its just how careful they are in verifying and looking something up. first you say its a dc to dc converter because it says it is, and then just because its a box doesnt it make it an ac inverter then whatever it still might use a lot less power...

Its the fun of friendly chat I just actually have a lot of data that says dont buy what jd listed its an expensive thing with probably no benifits or unverified benefits based on im not sure what. some secret document sent among the solar panel house owners........ ;o)

buy something way cheaper.

im not interested in arguing i just like to have things straight for people who want a correct set up, the things to buy. Nobody has to be as detail oriented as me but I always get a lot of feedback and thanks from people who are looking for correct thing to buy.

i just naturally shop in a deadly serious manner for anything from food to auto parts and i share with whoever is around what I find.

Some of what you are saying is utter nonsense. No personal offense intended - but you are digitally putting "words" in my mouth.

Not everyone can be a Thomas Edison as you've claimed.. That is ridiculous. Innovators like Edison, et.al. who dedicated most of their lives to experimenting and investigating are not mainstream types of people. I suspect you don't know much about his life. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone, Henry (aka Harry) Ferguson were all strange and unique people by normal social standards. A rare breed.

My calling a device a DC to DC converter is 100% accurate. I suspect you do some research in regard to word denotation both in general use and in technical use. DC low voltage in, DC higher voltage out. It IS a conversion from one level of DC to another.

Laptop AC power supplies tend to be very inefficient. That's why they get so hot. Inverters and converters tend to be more efficient.

Your comment . . "dont buy what jd listed its an expensive thing with probably no benifits . ." is just plain wacky. You sound like a young kid with a "little bit" of knowledge.

I did not suggest to anymore to buy that specific Power Stream model. I mentioned it as an example of one of the available technologies used to do the job. Got that? One example of a device that can step up 12 volts to 18 volts to use a lap-top.

When you use a lap top with the factory equipped power supply AND an inverter - you've got more then double loss -as compared to using a DC to DC converter plugged directly into the DC port of the computer. Two conversion processes versus just one. That math isn't very difficult. Very easy to verify with an amp-meter or watt-meter.

Further . . . your comment about me . . "some secret document sent among the solar panel house owners" would be insulting if not so inane. Your rhetoric reminds me of President Dick Nixon's "Checkers" speech.

I suspect you lack the skills to do meaningful research, read/understand schematics, or interpret spec sheets. Besides reading many spec sheets and test data, I've got over 30 inverters here in my shop along with over a dozen types of generators. All that I've done hands-on testing with. I also own two places with solar and battery banks. I don't just sit around reading ads on Ebay and citing the technical gospel from a friend that hopes to be an engineer some day.

If you truly regard this as "friendly chat" as you stated, stop hurling nested and insipid insults my way.