1987 Toyota 22re cylinder head - $200 (Chula Vista)

The new ones with new valves, seals, guides, cam, and gasket set are tried, tested, and only 400 shipped. A cross country trip and 10,000 plus miles say it all.

wow $400 shipped is a great $$ I did not know they are that good of a $$$

my engine is 60,000 miles runs good just posted link for info

Realized I never explained that the new ones I ordered are Chinese and are sold on ebay. Rest assured they're great. LLC and many other professional engine rebuilders use the same exact ones. Feel free to call them and ask. That's what I did.

My engine had 128,000 miles on it when I put the new head on. The previous owner never flushed the coolant and that led to pitting and corrosion of the aluminum head. Eventually from constant flow the aluminum eroded the passages all the way to the combustion chamber. I suspected headgasket failure, but it turned out to be the head. Long story short flush that coolant every couple years. Good luck

Call if you ever have more questions on the matter. Ilia 904-386-1706

• 4 years later...

Need help blown head about to blow my motor and lose my only home severely disabled pinned it down to number four fresh rebuilt junk head on it rock has a rebuilt one for 260$ but I have dumped three grand into this since last December I have a 90 gallon air compressor and tank I built myself I can trade I'm all out of resources after extortion just for a place to legally park it this puts me in a life threatening situation I have very little time to get it replaced doing it myself so it's done right this time I also have a rare 283 Chrysler v8 with most of its parts in good shape anyone can help please do I'm already fighting for my life hoping for blue Cross Blue Shield thing to work out or I'm screwed I can't lose my only home I won't survive. I also have a rare v8 5th Ave Chrysler low miles needs very little in restoration work mostly cosmetic inside transverse suspension roller 318 still runs good been kept up 120,000 miles. Need a 22re head fi in good shape live in oregon. 

Pick and pull. Here are some close to you with Toyota trucks the right age for a 22re head. You will need to pull it but 70 bucks or less. So your head is warped and can't be machined?  Don't know how you can spend 3 grand and not have a running engine when your a mechanic.

Linda S

Pick-n-Pull - Sherwood  (Approx Distance: 11 miles)
19135 SW Pacific Highway, Sherwood, OR 97140 US
  P:

503-625-6141

Year Make Model Row Date On Yard
86 Toyota Pickup 0017 04/21/2017
Pick-n-Pull - Vancouver  (Approx Distance: 13 miles)
9605 NE 76th Street, Vancouver, WA 98662 US
  P:

360-892-8906

Year Make Model Row Date On Yard
94 Toyota Pickup 0002 03/23/2017
93 Toyota Pickup 0013 05/08/2017
87 Toyota Pickup 0012 04/10/2017
85 Toyota Pickup 0009 04/28/2017

Most of it has been into flushing the transmission and coach repairs then getting it legal ran great after I did some tuning but in a instant it developed a pinhole leak between the valves it's got a Teflon gasket it's fine but either the antifreeze was to acidic after being flushed by someone else which it was or a clunk of crap fro the original engine and bars leak i found in clumps coming out caused a hot spot to develop or both and the egr manifold crack leak didn't help on the back of the head, after doing some research found its the thin style cast head I'm going to have to keep it running long enough to save some money for a new one this head is a rebuilt one not even 12 months old not going to chance a wrecking yard head I just can't put all that time and money into one that may be bad I only have this for transportation everytime I go for a used one on a Toyota head I get nailed with having to buy another one bad luck I guess if I insure my other vehicle it would take forever to get the money not anyone looking for my kind of vehicles this time of year still trying to get them sold I'm hoping if I stick a mechanical fan on it that will buy me some time as foam off and on from the leak is causing indifference of temperature causing my clutch fan to get quarky after it goes past 190 the oil temp goes up brand new fan works less and less until it won't come on until 210 degrees, coolant and a proper one ton thermostat I put on it way different same brand (watch out for that these rvs require a unique thermostat) further into the intake 170 degree is what I bought even if I can keep the temperature down it won't last long when the heat really hits now my roof is on the back burner probably won't have the steel I need to build a frame that itself caused my interior roof to nearly start peeling down like a onion just barely have it holding now by the time I get the head resolved that is if the used shortblock didn't crack from abuse it appears to be OK anyone's guess what I will find when I yank the head coach is so badly damaged and my brother keeps vandalizing it, first fire then snipped a good part of my emergency brake cable then decided he would use a pressure washer to nail every vent and panel on this thing nearly blew my entire electrical almost all my food went bad in my fridge leaving me starving for the rest of the month my health can't handle this and I'm stuck here until I get my social security resolved it's in to bad of shape and to old to park at any rv park as soon as the house sells I'm back on the streets again don't think I'll have this fixed by then just have hardly any income to work with and my body is nearly done I can't recover after all the attacks from last year last location both me and the rv are on the same time line which dies first been sick, fighting with this and being homeless for so long I just can't do it anymore 40 years almost on and off the streets countless jobs, careers, ppl, vigilantes off topic I know don't want pity just done I think I finally hit a dead end I can't turn around from excruciating pain for as long as I can remember and jokesters for a healthcare system put me here after hospitalization place I had been paying for to use as a shop and extra repair business for income got ripped out and taken away so many rare cars and parts and tools for the most part gone even the last of my family history all burned before my eyes my own family smile on their faces as usual won't chance anything I can't trust only transportation only home but thanks anyway it just hurts me to see my lab so miserable she also was left to die had no choice but to grab her off the ground after being hit in 2011 and adopt her. Everything is just so /##!$@! No clue what to do I don't think me the dog or the rv will survive another heat wave like last summer both of us nearly died because of our conditions. BUT it is what it is stupid thing is my mother's neighbors have almost everything I need for the coach roof and motor but none will even give me the time of day after all the problems she has caused with her drinking problems and online poker addictions. Eeeeerg someone shoot me thanks though. I hate these 85-95 heads I always get nailed with the infamous pinhole in the head issue.

Uh everybody this is a der moment. I still wasn't sure that it was the head so I put metal form glue on the face plate, where cylinder head egr/coolant cover goes I noticed there had never been a gasket between the two, fixed everything made my own gasket cylinder head extremely clean in and smooth inside put a flex lite fan on it because the brand new clutch had died I ran it hard or soft the temperature barely reads now it quit missing and the bubbling is gone. Hmm DEEEEEEEEEEER!!! I'm a idiot perfectly good head runs like a champ again just gotta toss the exhaust system to something simple fix the roof first I will post pictures.