Toyhome fulltimers club

stamar

Ok but what you missed is that I didn't buy my phone from cricket. I got a used verizon phonre a droid 2 a year ago for 50 bucks on craigslist and its still superior to what virgin or cricket sell for 300 bucks.

You can flash your cdma phone to cricket. You can never flash your phone to virgin.

You can flash a phone to metro pcs but there is some problem with it. Its very rarely done.

That's hundreds of dollars, people sell their old cell phones for cheap especially if it has a bad esn.

If you could bring your own phone to virgin it would be in the same ballpark. All the sprint companies never allow this, even from the other spprint companies like boost to virgin.

Cricket does roaming on the sprint network but its way faaster than sprint in portland as far as their own 3g.

Solevie uses gsm phones like att and tmobile and you can bring your own phone to that one.

I'll stick with what I have. I don't want to buy someone else's problem phone and I refuse to buy stolen goods. I can afford to shell out a couple hundred every couple years or so, and anyway it's a tax write-off, so in effect, I get it back.

I have a feeling that the extra money I spend on new probably works out to less than ten bucks a month over the course of two years, so why not have the newer technology, as well as a phone that will be under warranty, for at least the first year?

And I beg to differ on the quality of the phones on VM. I looked at a Samsung Galaxy of theirs a couple months ago, and I think it was about $225, and that was in store. I'm sure I could get it for less online. As you know the latest Galaxys are considered the best mass-produced phone on the planet, considered even better than an I-phone. They are also the #1 selling phone.

So why bother with a two year old phone off CL when I can go new for a fairly cheap price?

This droid 2 is more powerful and nicer than the top of the line galaxy virgin sells as new, two years later.

A real galaxy three costs 600 new.

You couldn't use one on virgin they wouldn't sell you one. If you found one uses you could use it with cricket.

So you get a much better phone for much less. It doesn't take a lot to figure it out,

This droid 2 is more powerful and nicer than the top of the line galaxy virgin sells as new, two years later.

A real galaxy three costs 600 new.

You couldn't use one on virgin they wouldn't sell you one. If you found one uses you could use it with cricket.

So you get a much better phone for much less. It doesn't take a lot to figure it out,

Whatevs man. I like the deals I got, you like yours.

ha ya there you go.

Theres a lot of competing no contract phone companies now, from walmart to trac fone. Theres at least half a dozen all very similar. net 10.

theres a lot of competing full service contract phone companies from verizon to sprint.

One of the big selling points of the contract phone companies... well the only selling points really

are perhaps superior coverage, and then access to a top of the line phone, which is priced too high to really buy like 600$ retail, for free when you sign up for two years.

a company like us cellular is sort of in the middle kind of a contract company a little cheaper with worse phones than a full service one.

but the only way to use a top of the line contract phone on a month to month company, that i know of and have seen, is to use cricket or to use metro pcs or to use one of a few tmobile contractors one is called soldevie.

and a used top of the line contract phone is often very cheap on craigslist. smartest buy, obivously.

cricket has 15$ off in oregon if you get food stamps which is half of oregon anyway, and that makes it 35$ for unlimited everything.

i can see some redeeming value of getting an att gsm phone and swithching to soldevei. Youd get 4g in some areas ( not here in portland) and better reception on att than sprint. But Im not buying a new phone just to do that, yet. If Im in the market for a new phone i will.

Droid 2 is great I always want a full keyboard. I also got 6 batteries for 2.50 apeice and an external charger. Im basically never stuck anywhere with a cord charging my phone like back in the day, theres always 4 batteries ready to go

motorola makes the most reliable phones mine has been through hell.

I look for a back up droid 3 sometimes on craigslist.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be a member of this "club". On 11/5/2012 I went from a 2 bedroom, 1 bath duplex into my 21' Sunrader. It has been interesting trying to downsize and get all my gear to fit, but I actually enjoy the smaller space since I find it more manageable. Since I work from home (now the RV) there are some issues with carrying my product and office supplies, but Iā€™m finding that as I live in this space Iā€™m able to fine tune things. Anyone out there carrying their office (computer, printer, product, shipping supplies with them? I would be interested in how you have your ā€œofficeā€ and storage set up.

I am fortunate enough not to own a lot. My main thing is clothes. My office in the rv hasn't worked out for me because of the power capacity so I switched back to coffee houses and the library.

I also have a car with a trunk for some storage.... and I'm using showers at 24 hour fitness.

Right now I work at a place with microwaves and refrigerators and showers on siite so really imm quite civilized. I've found in the portland area tons of free access microwaves so many I can't really forsee the expensive microwave on dc batteries project...

im going to get some of those laundry sheets actuyally.

cant tell you how many times ive spilled laundry detergent over the back of my cars trunk.

those new pellets are good too until you pop one.

• 6 years later...

I will be fulltime and traveling in 10 months. I'm kinda fulltime now livingĀ  in semi I drive and I bought a 1987 escaper yesterday. I've been preparing since September of 2018. I've sold about 90 percent of my possessions and paid of al my Bills and currently live on less than one pay check a month.