The what did you do to your toyhome today thread

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea as far as trying to purchase "just the bag" if I understand you correctly.

I looked into it and it looks like the only thing you can order from firestone is their alternative airbag kit for the Toyota motorhome. This kit is a completely different design than the 3-T kit.

I see you're saying spring, I am referring to the airbag system separate from the spring suspension in the rear. The 3-T airbag system is rated for up to 6,000 lbs I believe it is.

I see no benefit from trying to track down the Firestone part number. The individual bags seem to cost more than the repair kit he got complete with new metal mounts from 3-T. It's possible Firestone only sells that bag to the 3-T company. Would be interesting to know though. I seem to remember someone here tracking that info down in the past

Linda S

Firestone calls them 'Air Springs' (or 'Bellows'), so I call them 'Air Springs'.

http://www.firestoneip.com/

I realize that many call them 'Air Bags', but to me that's what's in my steering wheel! :)

I did some research a couple of years back and manage to ID the Air Springs used in kits from Firestone and AirLift. I don't think I managed to ID the Air Springs that 3-T buys from Firestone. I doubt very much that they're unique to 3-T. Most of the springs are assembled using standard bellows (the rubber bit) and top & bottom plates.

Yes, the 3-T repair kit seems to be a good buy if you need 2 replacement springs. But if you're on a tight budget and only need one, then it's not such a bargain. :)

Who knows (without the Firestone PN), this might be the one:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRESTONE-FST9000-2600LB-SLEEVE-BAG-AIR-RIDE-SUSPENSION-BAGGED-/271345928506?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2d7a493a&vxp=mtr

If it makes any difference, I'm pretty sure you can buy them in single quantity from 3-t as well.

I will check my manual next time I am home. I believe you are correct though, I will try to find the actual weight specs!

pulled out all the old tile & carpet & bought on Craigslist some laminate flooring
$30 for over 50sqft...(any one want some laminate in San Diego come get it)
the orig. carpet was just ugly.

post-6388-0-57213100-1395845075_thumb.jp

found a good dried water stain near front might of been from water tank? will have to fill up water tank and check for leaks...

post-6388-0-70130800-1395844667_thumb.jp

look at all the table floor mounts I have now..
I installed the middle one all the others where cover up in 2 layers of carpet...

post-6388-0-08500800-1395844823_thumb.jp

I just laid it down to see what it looks like will install this week sometime..

post-6388-0-42440600-1395844900_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-51444900-1395844621_thumb.jp

I just checked the 3-T's web site and the system that I installed is called the T-9 system. It provides an additional 1800 pounds of lift per side. My MH weighs in at 5800 pounds with 1600 on the front and 3200 on the rear. The T-9 system made a huge difference in the ride. I no longer feel like I am riding in a buckboard. The rear axle would frequently bottom out on the smallest of bumps. I keep about 80 psi in the system. I gained about 4 inches of height at the axle/frame. I now have rear springs that smile, not frown.

My springs are so tired that they were totally flat or even a little negative arc.

I just checked the 3-T's web site and the system that I installed is called the T-9 system. It provides an additional 1800 pounds of lift per side. My MH weighs in at 5800 pounds with 1600 on the front and 3200 on the rear. The T-9 system made a huge difference in the ride. I no longer feel like I am riding in a buckboard. The rear axle would frequently bottom out on the smallest of bumps. I keep about 80 psi in the system. I gained about 4 inches of height at the axle/frame. I now have rear springs that smile, not frown.

My springs are so tired that they were totally flat or even a little negative arc.

Mine sounds pretty similar to how yours was Bob, the new bags made a world of difference.

Today I found a free smoker on Craigslist so I put the carrier on "Dagobah" and picked it up.

Rv is just not for camping its a very mini truck to...well it worked today!

2 cans of spray-paint $8 not a bad price for a smoker & has a cover to...

post-6388-0-08420900-1396056811_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-85586900-1396056848_thumb.jp

post-6388-0-15457700-1396056897_thumb.jp

Today I found a free smoker on Craigslist so I put the carrier on "Dagobah" and picked it up.

Rv is just not for camping its a very mini truck to...well it worked today!

2 cans of spray-paint $8 not a bad price for a smoker & has a cover to...

When you start smoking with that thing you're gonna be the most popular guy at the camp site!

Today I finally got the Escaper to a shop that could give it an alignment. I waited SIX hours for the alignment to be done as they were quite busy and I had no ride out. After leaving the alignment shop at 5:30 I made it to the tire shop at 5:50, ten minutes before they closed. I got my new tires on since the old new ones got eaten up by the bad alignment. The truck drives so much nicer now. Everyone at the shop talked to me about the toyota and loved it.

correct, the shop said to bring it back by after I have the new fronts on if it doesn't drive right.

I got new tires on my Escaper also. Hankook RA08. It does not drive any different because the old tires still had at least 75% of the tread. When I ordered the tires, I asked the woman that I talked to about the age of the tires that I would be getting. She said that she had only been asked that once before. She called the distributer who called his supplier and a day later I was told that they tires were made in November 2013. I ordered them and they arrived at the shop in 4 days.

One of the shop guys said that I was wasting money removing the old tires because they were still good. The other tech informed him that the tires were aged out, not worn out and had to explain to him the difference. I wanted new tires for my trip this summer to eliminate one possible problem.

It took half an hour to get out of the shop after they got done working because they kept asking questions about traveling in the Toyhouse and how did it drive in mountains and on the highway. They both kind of freaked out when I opened the hood and they say that 22RE sitting in there.

I got new tires on my Escaper also. Hankook RA08. It does not drive any different because the old tires still had at least 75% of the tread. When I ordered the tires, I asked the woman that I talked to about the age of the tires that I would be getting. She said that she had only been asked that once before. She called the distributer who called his supplier and a day later I was told that they tires were made in November 2013. I ordered them and they arrived at the shop in 4 days.

One of the shop guys said that I was wasting money removing the old tires because they were still good. The other tech informed him that the tires were aged out, not worn out and had to explain to him the difference. I wanted new tires for my trip this summer to eliminate one possible problem.

It took half an hour to get out of the shop after they got done working because they kept asking questions about traveling in the Toyhouse and how did it drive in mountains and on the highway. They both kind of freaked out when I opened the hood and they say that 22RE sitting in there.

Same tires I got Bob! May I ask what you paid where you're at? I paid $110 a tire, mounted and balanced. It definitely feels good knowing you have new "safe" tires on the truck. Mine came in handy driving down a snowy mountain in January.

The tires cost me $115 including mounting and balance. It was the best price I could negotiate in my area.

The only other place that could get me the tires was WalMart but they would not even try to find out when the "new" tires were manufactured. WalMart would have been $95 each plus $15 balancing, mounted free. I spent the extra $5 to know that the tires were actually new and not a couple of years old sitting on the shelf. I also like to support the local independent dealer that also stocks my Stihl chainsaw parts and oil, and gives me above average discounts on that stuff due to the quantity that I buy.

The walmart in my area couldn't even get the hankooks. They said they were discontinued. A small tire shop showed 8 in stock at the warehouse they use and i went with them.

I would have had to order them from WalMart.com and add them shipped to the local WallyWorld. They were not interested in finding the age of the tire for me. I like keeping my money local if possible anyway.

Today the Toyota got all new U-joints as well as the center carrier bearing. I also installed new front rotors, pads, and front tires. I also installed a new battery vent, generator/propane door holder latches, and painted the rims. I also changed the oil since it has been about 1,000 miles since my engine build. A few more small things and she is ready for the road. The time of departure is nearing that my girlfriend and I travel across the country in the Escaper!

• 2 weeks later...

Spring Cleaning! Wow, emptied all the cubby holes and found loads of stuff that didn't need to go along for a ride! I suppose we only emptied 50 pounds or less, but there's a whole lot clutter that's now elsewhere. Washed the dash and all the inside of the cab, my what a lot of dust built up. Once the interior is really clean (not that it'll last) I'll start on the outside. She'll even get waxed in the next few days.

Steve

So today I finally got around to hooking up the stereo to the reverse lights so that the stereo turns automatically to the reverse camera when put into reverse, what a nice feature. Also got my tach installed. Waiting for the new mattress ( the old one is super uncomfortable) and put on the vent covers over the new fantastic fans. Trying to get ready to install the new graphics where the old dolphin logo was.

I hooked my reverse camera to be on anytime the truck is on. I find it much more useful to see behind me when traveling down the road or highway or what not rather than looking back through my tiny rear window.

Hello everybody. We recently purchased our '92 Warrior so I am doing something almost daily. For the past several days I have been trying to locate the lp leak(s). Replaced the valve and tightened down the regulator inlet so that fixed 2. The leak gauge still shows something somewhere though. Anyways. Today I replaced the chassis battery terminals and made a tray so the battery will actually meet the hold down and stay in place. Not sure I will get to do anything tomorrow as I need to replace the brakes on my '89 4Runner. Happy RVing!

Removed roof rack and ladder. sealed holes left behind. measured back wall for rebuild as very rotten. now looking for a diy guide to remove roof air con unit.

I did the same thing to my Dolphin - removed the roof rack, ladder and rooftop AC unit and rebuilt the rear wall. What do you need to know about removing the AC unit? I'd suggest to just start on the inside removing screws and bolts until the thing is loose enough to pick up and pitch off the roof. If it still works maybe you can sell it so maybe throwing it off the roof isn't a good idea...

John

Hi dolphinite

looking to find out how many bolts attach it to roof. have already removed interior parts. also any tips on how to break seal of air con from roof.

Not planning to throw it off roof hoping to get a another pair of hands to help get off roof.