The what did you do to your toyhome today thread

On 8/13/2016 at 2:03 AM, GPS_yota said:

I repainted my side door after one of the local kids spray painted some graffiti on it. Wimbledon White was actually a very close match to the creme white used on camper shell. 

Argh. That's infuriating and one of my biggest fears living in a city - just a big, empty, white canvas for the gutter punks to paint.

Glad to hear you found a close match.

Edit - This weekend, we didn't do too much on our camper, just got the proper hinges and clasps so we can rehang the cabinets this week.

Edited by cdt5058

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pardon the mess.  Big boulder items done.  Yay me.  

Wallpaper in.

20160824_183116 (1).jpg

Sink area done, with inverter switch and solar remote controller in the wall.

20160826_104049.jpg

Stove area done.  Vent hood was also rebuilt with new wiring/switches/LED light and installed.  No photo.

20160826_104136.jpg

Edited by naganthunter

• 1 year later...

Time to revive the thread, methinks.

Today, I started on replacing the running / marker lights on the 92 Warrior and ran a can of SeaFoam through the valve cover by way of the brake booster vacuum line, as recommended on YotaTech and other forums like this one.  Runs lots better now.

I gave up on the replacement for the day as the screws in place holding the existing lights are HUGE!  They won't pass the circuit board of the LED lights I got from PartSam on Amazun, since they sold a package with the exact number of lights I needed to do a complete swap.  I ended up running up to the hardware store for some epoxy to fill in the holes so smaller screws will work.  One of the previous owners put in some enormous screws and the heads won't pass by the board, so either I cut on the boards or fix the original problem so I can use tiny screws.

I plan on sealing up the lenses for a 'permanent' install once they are in place.  If I have to hack them out, it's less than $40 for the set of lamps, so it's okay in my book.

The beefing up the wiring from the battery to the fuse box in the engine compartment is working great.  OEM wiring wasn't letting enough juice through this tired harness so I put a 14ga wire from the battery to the main fuse and eliminated the fusible link.  It hasn't burned out in almost 30 years, so I doubt it will start.  The main fuse should catch it anyhow.

I also checked on the status of the KIDDE fire extinguisher.  Mine was not subject to the recall of some 21 million units.  Bummer.  I wanted a red one instead of a white one.

The sink plumbing is now working after the seller left enough water in the p-trap to cause a hairline fracture at the seam; new gaskets and a new bar faucet (commercial grade) fixed the myriad issues and a combination of rubber contact cement and polyacrylic paint has sealed up the hairline crack.  Got to put a bracket to hold the furniture under the sink together after my elbow busted the staple loose, but that's for tomorrow.

The sun got the better of me today.  UV-C is off the charts and I'm going to feel it for a while.

Hope everyone else is having a great Memorial Day (for those who got it).

• 4 weeks later...

We really need a 'what I didn't do to the motorhome today thread :)  Have some catching up to do on what I have been doing and plan to create its on thread. Today we finished the new platform for the cab over bed.  Decided to do to away with the insert and make one solid platform.  Added a 2x2 on the front of the bed to allow for a wider bed.  Then installed a 4 in memory foam mattress.  Thing is really comfortable.  Still have to replace some paneling from some water damage I removed on the cab over rebuild

20180625_173811_resized.jpg

20180625_173934_resized.jpg

I have had issues with this thread for a long time. There is lots of great information almost impossible to find here on this massive thread. I urge all to show us their upgrades and improvements on their own thread.

Linda S