The what did you do to your toyhome today thread

Hi

glad we are all on the same wavelength now.

:-) :-) :-)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:-) yes google to the rescue again lol :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of the warm weather this weekend by finishing the install of the upper cabinets after the ceiling leak repair work and new ceiling install, I did earlier this fall. Sense I have little vacation time and the weather is not cooperating i guess I will check something else off my list of repairs.

I hung out at americas tire for another hankook ra08

Thats six now. Just need the spare.

I had two on road blowouts. I had four nankang tires and two jupiters all under ten years in fact some under five years all cracked with dry rot.

Jupiter tires looked so new they had the rubber hairs on them.

Now I just have the spare its a bridgestone 185/r14

I changed my exhaust manifold gasket with out breaking any bolts!

was the original gasket and leaked from manifold flange you name it..

Of course I only change manifold gasket first with out changing flange gasket (and it leaked bad)

the clamp the holds exhaust was stripped out so had to take manifold off to replace flange gasket.

so it took me 1/2 a day after wrestling exhaust around but everything is back together and not leaking ..

First time I've changed 1 so I'm happy job well done and free labor!!!

Did a oil & filter change. Penzoil Platinum 10-30W synthetic and Toyota YZZD3 filter.

With a break in the weather this weekend, I finished the install of my new exhaust manifold on the driver side. The new one from Uhaul ($60) just looks so good compared to the old rusty one. A gasket change would probably have sufficed. None of the studs broke, most backed out with the frozen nuts. I had to reuse several of the longer studs due to the threads being partially stripped.

Make sure you use anti-seize on the nuts. although the nuts should be brass to prevent this problem.

In the old days a jet engine mechanic show me some cool anti-seize they used in the hot section of a jet engine. It was plain unflavored Phillips Milk of Magnesia. They bought it in 5 gallon drums.

Nice warm, slightly overcast day. Washed and waxed most of the dolphin. Hard work and tried several waxes. Found a synthetic wax that shined it up, even the dull old brown stripes are vibrant and shiney.

Yesterday finished the cushions and seats for the area the club chairs came out of. I'm really pleased with the way they came out.

Now only need s little more paint inside, a refrigerator front panel. I'd like to take the carpet off the wall between the cab and camper, but not sure what to do there, so waiting for a brainstorm.

post-7310-0-24802200-1390177835_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-05021100-1390177852_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-06955500-1390177882_thumb.jp

Nice you have a 300 like mine I just havent thrown my den chairs away yet.

I should.

I think you have an 83 im going by the windows. But it looks like you have air bags in that picture

I know I only pop in when I need help, but I do browse the board for help and really appreciate what this forum and members share.......I've had my toy for about 4 years, I was pretty naive and bought one riddled with water damage, spent the last couple, tearing out the roof and window areas, replacing with new pieces, paint, sealing etc...I took off the ac on the roof that didn't work, the fridge too, next the stove, only the burners work... I've made it look very nice inside... comfortable at least... I do something every day.. I'm not very knowledgeable tho' and run into lil problems.. horn doesn't work, niggly things.. it runs really well tho' and having removed ac & fridge.. I do seem to get about 17-20 mpg... the exterior looks sad.. not beyond repair, I guess... water damage has taken it's toll on the wheel and extremities of the bus, it no longer leaks thank goodness... I have a few questions.. probably in the wrong thread but.. forgive me

Thinking of taking stove out (two burner top looks a better option), like I said, oven doesn't work and it probably weighs a great deal? I need to paint the bonnet... I did put a temporary door on... and find parts.. where do I look? I'm in Los Angeles... anyway.. rambling.. I use it every day.. even for local shows, I'm a singer... I drink and smoke and when someone won't drive, I sleep outside the venue... It's a great vehicle for my music...

well, keep in mind, i've removed the heavier stuff, carry no water and in my tests average 17 mpg.... 20 mpg LA to San Fran, the 5, so not much climbing I'll confess... I'll test again this weekend, have a 120 mile round trip... will use the empty tank.. put 5 gallons in and post results...

Hi

im getting 17 english miles to the gallon not sure what this is in us mpg. my toy is the v6 so dont think its to bad. i too will be removing roof ac not working or needed in uk. keep us posted about oven stove replacement as my lpg cooking/heating system looks to be beyond repair. Thinking of using camping stove with its own gas bottle. have one in the house with 2 rings for power cuts that occur about 3 times a winter.

in washington state three dollors fifty cents a U S gallon for regular. and wash has high state gas taxes on top of the fedarual tax

Hi

derek up north yes uk petrol prices hurt. when weather lets up i will look at dizzy cap and rotor. check leads for leaking by running engine in dark and see if leads are leaking. toyota wires on at present. O2 sensor has not been checked since mot and readings were lower than a 3 year old car. i think hills wind and cold are not helping mpg. seen on another posting to upgrade all earth leads (3 wire upgrade). Block to chassis alternater to earth and battery to earth (?). This suppose to improve electric (flow ?) and provide a consistly strong spark at all rpm.

When you're looking for sparks in the dark, spraying a bit of water will make them 'leak' even more, if they're marginal.

Making sure that your standard size grounds are clean and tight (maybe add some dielectric grease) should do it but adding another certainly will do no harm. On my older cars with Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electric, I do just that in an easily accessible location to make it easy to check as soon as electrical problems start. Standard grounds are often not easy to reach at both ends.

Hi derek up north

thanks for tips. been watching my dolphin rocking in the wind. despite being boxed in on three sides. front is the part not boxed in. so this will not be done today and snow is now forecast :-(.

Hi

boxing in height goes to roof height so not much more can be done.

Waiting for our snow should be falling now. if it comes now it will be a serious blizzard wind up to 50mph and increasing. :-( roll on march so i can start outside jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

My over-cab window blew out a couple weeks ago, Replaced it with Lexan plastic, hope it works. While up there I said to myself, " Self why don't you put in the new LED clearance lights." So I did. Then I sat back and drank a beer---mmmmm good.

post-1172-0-83036900-1392582912_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-29537500-1392582932_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-33210400-1392582950_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-87012200-1392582974_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-52637000-1392583001_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-04814100-1392583571_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Found out why the fridge door does not close properly.

Added 3 mm of washers under the bottom door pivot bolt to raise the door up. Easy fix, door now evenly spaced all the way around. Another day another fix, it's getting easier.:)

john

How do you eat an elephant??? one small bite at a time ,,,, How do you fix a 25 year old Toyota MH???? one small project at a time.

Collected 50 brand new carpet tiles free of charge for recarpeting toy.

Finished washing and waxing the Warrior, glad it's not a 40 footer.

I just finished up installing brand new airbags on the Escaper yesterday. The truck had factory 3-T airbags on it when I bought it but they had died long ago. The truck definitely needed new bags so I went ahead and ordered the repair kit from 3-T for $240 (including shipping). The bags installed great.

The only problem I had was once the install was complete, I went to air the bags up and they held no air. I took one side back off and looked to see that the bags had no plug in the bottom air port. I contacted 3-T and they informed me that the bags should have had 1/8" NPT fittings in the bottom and they had forgot to put them in! So I had to wait overnight since it was already late. I went to the auto store the next day, got the plugs, and plugged it up. Re-installed both brackets, made proper adjustments to the bags, and am now LOVING my airbags.

Putting these on the truck made a WORLD of difference in ride quality. You know it's bad when painted lines on the road feel like you're running over pieces of plywood.

wSfOrwI.jpg?2

The kit is a repair kit for the 3-T airbag system for the Toyota micro motorhome. The part number from 3-t is "T-9E3." You can see is at this link... (http://3tsrv.com/files/Toyota.jpg). I called to order mine and they were very helpful and the bags were shipped within 3 days.