Parking in exchange for house work/repairs

gosagitt7

Greetings Road People,

I have a house on a double lot in Clearlake CA with an extra driveway with RV canopy and interested in someone to park in the space in exchange for yardwork and house repairs...should have some skills and muscle power. Clearlake is above Napa County and in from Sonoma County. 2 1/2 hours from Bay Area and 1hr. 20 min. approx. hours from Santa Rosa, Ukiah. Time frame could be a couple months to semi permanent with initial trial period.

Work includes weed-whacking,raking leaves, trimming trees, painting, gardening, minor home repairs etc.

I could run an electric line out to the RV but have to work something out about cost of electric, depending on how that runs. It's pretty hot here sometimes in summer and cold spells in winter. You could use the shower but prefer to maintain independence of units.

There's also a sort of shed attachment to the garage that could be converted to a living space.

I'm looking for someone with liberal politics, a Buddhist meditator of some sort or with these sentiments, knowledge of gardening,

green techniques, foraging skills and a solar unit on your RV a total plus. I'm a sixties person ,baby-boomer, social worker retired from the Bay Area. I was going to get a Toyo RV and hit the road but bought this house up here after the market crash instead. Will get a TRV some day...

I guess you can reply and I can get messages on here

Cheerio,

gosagitt7

Hi gosagitt and welcome to the board. Your offer is interesting. I've considered bartering use of my RV for things such as a place to park it for the winter or maybe mechanical work that I'm not comfortable with (actually, just lazy).

I do have a skill set that meets your needs, but, I'm on the wrong coast. Besides, you'd probably get tired of me listening to extra chromosome, right wing knuckle dragging radio hosts.

BTW, is gosagitt an actual name or a combination of names?

Good luck with finding someone.

Hey 86 Rader,

Yeah, sounds like we're on opposite sides of coasts and a few issues, Ha!

That's Ok, but probably not a good match for compatible residence.

Go Sagittarius is the origin...you know us flaky California types!

You can park it here if I can use it...but it's quite a drive!

Peace,

gosagitt

Actually, we'd probably get along just fine. I am way more libertarian than conservative. Astrologically oriented hippies don't bother me in the least....till you try to use my tax dollars on whatever manner of silliness. :) Now my wife's another story, Nosey conservative that would buy a dog turd, if it had Sarah Palin's endorsement.

gosagitt7,

Hmmm, interesting idea. I've been through and around the Clear Lake area back in the early seventies before I moved to Alaska. I'd jump on something like this if I was alone, but that would have to have been a few years ago. I'm a retired shipwright and ninety percent of my 35-year career was spent building and repairing wooden boats. I'm pretty sure our politics would mesh since I'm still active after all these years trying to find a way for people to get along.

I remember marching in the People's Park demonstrations in Berkley in '70 or '71. That was quite a time. When I joined a group a few years ago here in Kalispell, Montana protesting the war in Iraq, there was a sign that said: "Just give us the oil and nobody gets hurt!"

Also, my girlfriend told me about Sarah Palin's most recent interview. Sarah was asked what she thought of the Afghanistan position and she said "Well, I like it but my husband says it makes his legs hurt."

John

• 4 weeks later...

So your Buddhist nature has prompted you to be liberal enough with your piece of earth so as to allow another human to park there, provided they work for free? Sign me up! I haven't seen this good of an offer for indentured servitude in quite a while! Screw groceries, I'll work for the right to exist on a 7'x21' piece of the planet!

gosagititt7 has a great idea; lodging for work!

Sign me up.

I live 40mins from Glacier National Park and have ample room for parking. If you are willing to do light yard work (mowing, weed-wacking, etc) and want a private place to park your rig for short or extended stays let me know!

Kevin

P.S. I don't care about your politics, as long as I don't have to deal with my lawn!