Mice Battle - I think I won this year!!!

bufbooth

I finally pulled my 1990 Odyssey out of storage (on a farm) last Monday and have

been fighting mice invaders over the last four years. Two years ago I put up a 1 foot metal

wall around the Toyota and they still got in. Last Fall I buried the 1 foot wall about 3 inches

into the dirt and used spray foam on any areas I thought the mice might be getting into the

coach area and used a whole box of Bounce dryer sheets. On Monday I inspected the coach

area and all looked great and I thought to myself I finally found a way to keep the mice out.

I then openned the engine hood to connect the battery and realized that my efforts may of not

mattered, on top of my engine was a 4 foot snake, which probably was the reason I did not

find any mice.

Hopefully the snake comes back this Fall.

Dennis...

Maybe you should go into the rent a snake business. Help other Toy owners with the same problem.

WME

Only trouble is, the snakes don't work winters, in Minnesota. :P

• 2 months later...

I just joined and really think this site is great. Purchased my 89 Dolphin last year with 21,000 original miles and in excellent shape especially being in MN and sitting so long. As to your Mice problems - farmers/loggers use a botanical (whatever that is) rodent repellent under the name "fresh cab" - I picked it up at a Fleet Farm in MN and it costs about $15 for a package of four. I haven't used it yet but I have heard several people who swear by it - it is manufactured by "Earth-Kind Inc, 2910 E. Broadway #19, Bismark, ND 58501, 18005832921 - hope this helps.

Does anyone have any ideas on getting a new or used refrig on my Dolphin? Would appreciate any info - Thanks and God Bless, Tom in MN

if you don't need a 2 or 3 way frig, there are ac units that fit pretty good. there have been times i wished i was able to afford a 2 way at the time. but with putting in a couple of frozen gallon jugs it has worked well as an icebox until i can plug in or run the generator. will want to know if your anti mice campaign works.

I put in a new Dometic fridge in mine. It wasn't cheap. $800 plus. Was worth it to me, though. Maybe yours can be fixed?

I will go to Fleet Farm and try your mouse repellant, this year. Thanx for sharing!

Tudy

Camping in Lanesboro, MN right now.

From Waseca, MN

Thanks for the input, I found a guy who can order me a new 3 way for a little over $1000 - Normally I would try to jerry rig something but I have plans on a trip to Alaska next year, God willing, so will probable get it in the spring. From what I heard from several people who use them they swear by them, one even uses it to protect his prize camaro thats stored in the steel shed all winter with no problems since using. Take care and safe travels - Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Jeepers! Was looking in my tool drawer in my Toyhome. I got mice, already, just sitting in the driveway! I set a trap and got one. Gotta get that "fresh cab" stuff, today! :o

• 6 years later...

YEAH THX I shouldve looked before I asked. I will check out tomorrow as they are closed today. Sure hope it works. I had no mice problems in Arizona all winter but I did keep lights on at night under the rig to deter pack rats?not sure it is an issue but I saw lotsa folks doing it so rather than find out the hard way I just copied the big dogs.

I have my MH and I run a state park concession. I have 8 pop machines in the park. Every year I have clean out mice nests from the winter and repair wires. Last fall I heard about fresh cab and prayed it would  work.  I put 1 bag it in every machine I had.  This year is the first year I only had 1 nest and that was in coin collector box. Far away from the Fresh cab in the top of the machine.  Next fall I am putting two in every machine.  It really did work. But, you need to be sure to add enough.

i fought the battle with 8 snaptraps andtomcat poison feeders.  oddly enough i put the poison in my garage well away fromthe RV andbarn but they went back and died in the sunrader anyway. i found a couple dead on the ground in it next to unsprung traps..