LP GAS ALARM

Im the proud new owner of a 93/94 winnebago micro warrior. (93 toy chassis, 94 winne?) and I love it. searched long and hard, convinced the boss that it was the best RV for us, and now she likes it. Okay, here is one of many questions in my head. All systems work fine, except for systems levels monitor(wont light up). After figureing out that generator runs on propane and not gas(even previous owner didnt know!) I filled up the LP tank and generator fired right up! I shut off propane tank and closed up the RV. The next day my LP alarm is going off until I hit the reset button and open the windows. I smell no propane and checked the tank which is off course off. Also every time I start up my RV the alarm sounds for a few seconds. Is that normal. Do I have a faulty LP alarm or a Lp gas leak somewhere. If I leave the windows open, no problem and no alarm sounding. What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...

From your description in that the alarm stays off when the windows are open but sounds when closed it sure sounds like you have a leak. The sensors can detect gas even when you can not smell it. Propane is heavier than air and will settle on the floor.