Looking for a Sunrader, prefer a 89 and up cab style, "topsecret" project

I am interested in finding a Sunrader, preferably 89 body style (cab portion) I assuming it would be a 90 model in need of engine and or interior work is fine. I can use an earlier model, but nothing before 84.

This build is an "under wraps topsecret" project that will be revealed when the project is under way and about 1/2 through the build. I am working in conjunction with another shop in my area to do the build.

We already have the entire drivetrain....and there isnt an "L" on it anywhere for all of you naysayers.

I wont answer at guesses at what we are doing or the drivetrain we will be using but I promise all of you it will be good................

the wheels are going to be 17s btw

so be on the lookout if you could please, the sooner we get started the sooner you see what are up to!

this will blow most of you away- trust me.

Bryan B.

An 89 would be a v6 and v6 Sunraders start at 10 grand and up. Ones in poor repair are few and far between. In 8 years of Toyota motorhome groups I only can think of one in LA a couple of years ago. You didn't say what you were looking for. A 18ft shorty or a 21 footer. Makes a big difference in the search. I do know where there might be an 86 not too far from you. Needs everything but axle is correct. PM me

Linda S

I am interested in finding a Sunrader, preferably 89 body style (cab portion) I assuming it would be a 90 model in need of engine and or interior work is fine. I can use an earlier model, but nothing before 84.

This build is an "under wraps topsecret" project that will be revealed when the project is under way and about 1/2 through the build. I am working in conjunction with another shop in my area to do the build.

We already have the entire drivetrain....and there isnt an "L" on it anywhere for all of you naysayers.

I wont answer at guesses at what we are doing or the drivetrain we will be using but I promise all of you it will be good................

the wheels are going to be 17s btw

so be on the lookout if you could please, the sooner we get started the sooner you see what are up to!

this will blow most of you away- trust me.

Bryan B.

hmm, I'm with Linda on this; we may infer the following:

• it will involve a larger powertrain (perhaps a lexus or other V6 or higher)
  • perhaps its an offroad application (not sure what the L means in the axle code?
  • the desire for sunrader shows that style and longevity counts;

we will be blown away... hmmm. maybe he is actually going to try to cram an OM606, OM617 or ALH TDI in one ?

I would love to see a UniMog style Rader!

Got to see a diesel sunrader before I die... one that runs on SVO

No 'L'? That's disappointing. How about 'Toyota Soarer'? No 'L' in that! :headbonk:

to refrain from "answering questions, Toyota crown either!! LOL, that would be to obvious wouldnt it?!

An 89 would be a v6 and v6 Sunraders start at 10 grand and up. Ones in poor repair are few and far between. In 8 years of Toyota motorhome groups I only can think of one in LA a couple of years ago. You didn't say what you were looking for. A 18ft shorty or a 21 footer. Makes a big difference in the search. I do know where there might be an 86 not too far from you. Needs everything but axle is correct. PM me

Linda S

yes, you are correct Linda- I was hoping to find a grenaded 3.0 V6 maybe to keep the initial cost down, but I can consider an 86 as well, the entire camper portion could be swapped to an 89 2 wheel drive that I currently have. I will PM you for more details. Thanks

hmm, I'm with Linda on this; we may infer the following:

• it will involve a larger powertrain (perhaps a lexus or other V6 or higher)
  • perhaps its an offroad application (not sure what the L means in the axle code?
  • the desire for sunrader shows that style and longevity counts;

we will be blown away... hmmm. maybe he is actually going to try to cram an OM606, OM617 or ALH TDI in one ?

I would love to see a UniMog style Rader!

Got to see a diesel sunrader before I die... one that runs on SVO

I couldnt see doing a V6, and the lack of an "L" in the drivetrain refers to the engine with a Lexus logo.

We are using a Sunrader because it is all one piece (the top is secured to the bottom with a layer of fiberglass at the seam) construction and the added rigidity is a plus for what we are doing.

How about $2,800 for a 1987 12 foot Sunrader:

http://nd.craigslist...2960825033.html

thanks, Linda had forwarded that to me earlier. I am trying to get info on the one in Arkansas also.

What I can tell you is about the body, I am wanting to use the newer cab style (89-95) to put the 4runner front clip on it -it is more aerodynamic and also has euro molded glass headlights, cleaner grille, nice clean bumper and valance combo (valance is ABS plastic and can take abuse without deforming) and I will also use the scooped hood that I make (fiberglass mold) through my fabrication company. the whole vehicle/camper will be painted Toyota super white # 040.

I already have a cab to use if I get an older body style, I can swap the camper portion onto the newer frame/cab I can just add frame rails that are long enough and do some frame reinforcement/gussets/bracketry that should have been done in the first place (my 83 has cracked 2 of the crossmembers- will post up pics in a different thread about this issue later)

There is a goal that I will be achieving with this build, when I "let the cat out of the bag" on drivetrain I will wait awhile before I tell the goal of what I am doing it for. and it has nothing to do with proving anyone wrong about any swaps either.