Siding & Trim on Dolphin

terrieo

Can anyone tell me what material the sides & lower trims of the 1991 Dolphin are made of?

I thought was all fiberglass, but one of the companies I'm trying to find the rear lower panel at e-mailed me today asking if it was ABS plastic.

The bluish grey lower trim pieces are more porous than the shinier upper siding but I thought it was all fiberglass.

Anybody that knows please let me know, told the man at ortegamanufacturing.com (they were listed as buying up parts when National went under), I would find out for sure & get back to him.

Thx much for any & all help.

TerrieO

I'm guessing the supplier is just trying to confirm if they are made out of something other than fiberglass so that he's looking for the right part. I know they're NOT made of fiberglass, but don't know plastics well enough to say they're ABS, RIM or PET or any of the other many 'plastics' out there.

I think the newer Dolphins have a plastic trim piece on the bottom rear that folds into the rear bumper. I seen a post on this several months ago by someone looking for one.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thx everyone, thats what I needed, your great!

• 8 years later...