side mirror brackets

kdr2171

I have also been looking for a new set of 4 mirrors. I was thinking that maybe I would go with 2 slightly larger mirrors and get a little better visibility.

I got my mirrors at NAPA. Same as was on it.

the heads are not bad in price and seem too be very easy to find. myn is missing the correct arms .

the arms some one put on are too short and somone put single heads on with gross extensions made out of hardware turn buckles. i bought a set that used to be on a toyota u haul have not got them on yet .

Search "Velvac Mirror Head" on eBay.....you'll probably want a pair of 6.5" x 6" mirrors for each side or, better yet, for a startling clear look at the road behind and to reduce your aerodynamic drag a bit, get a single 6" x 10" head (and stick on a convex spot mirror)

thanks, what about the brackets for the door though? any thoughts

Search "Velvac Mirror Head" on eBay.....you'll probably want a pair of 6.5" x 6" mirrors for each side or, better yet, for a startling clear look at the road behind and to reduce your aerodynamic drag a bit, get a single 6" x 10" head (and stick on a convex spot mirror)

OK, Just ordered mirrors. 4 mirrors plus shipping was $85

finditparts.com

VELVAC 704077 - Convex white - $14.25

VELVAC 704078 - Flat white - $13.77

(Note - the photo on their web site for the 078 is not correct, but the description is.)

I also went to the VELVAC website and downloaded a pdf that has all their mirror stuff in it. I'll see if I can put it in the documents area on this site.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 2 weeks later...

I put new mirror on mine but could not find the righthand mirror that allows for "object are closer than they appear" or manification adjustment. How do you handle this or do you just use the same mirror on both sides

I received the new mirrors last week and installed them this weekend, WOW what a difference.

My Dolphin has two mirrors on each side (You can see them in this photo.)

post-4544-0-12338500-1334749570_thumb.jp

I installed the flat mirror on top and the convex mirror on the bottom.

Cost of the new mirrors plus shipping was around $80

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto