New exhaust parts

kdr2171

Hello, I have a 1986 Toyota Dolphin and it needs to have the exhaust pipes replaced. I went to my local NAPA and they looked at me like I had 6 heads when I told them what it was for. Any ideas on where to get the pipes for this? Thanks

Keith

Ask if the VIN would help, otherwise try an 86 Toyota 1 ton C&C.

For my home I used NAPA - walker exhaust for a 1ton 1988 pickup truck, (1989 sea breeze), the exhaust fit good to the rear of the axle, where I added a 90* corner, and cut a length of 10' 1 3/4 inch pipe to the length I needed to clear the rear bumper,

Be careful to route the new exhaust in the same way as the original, and use new hangers leaving proper spacing from the floor of you home, and tanks, (hot exhaust on our wood floors can cause fires).

Remember your truck is a year older than your Mhome.

Dale

On 4/4/2012 at 12:36 PM, kdr2171 said:

Hello, I have a 1986 Toyota Dolphin and it needs to have the exhaust pipes replaced. I went to my local NAPA and they looked at me like I had 6 heads when I told them what it was for. Any ideas on where to get the pipes for this? Thanks

Keith

Find a non-franchised muffler shop, theyt are usually less expensive and do good work. I just had a new muffler installed, $90.

John Mc

88 Dolpgin 4 Auto

I need more than the muffler, i need all the pipes after that as well. I wanted to do it myself but if i cant find the parts then i will have to go to a local muffler guy and by that i mean not one of the national chains.

Find a non-franchised muffler shop, theyt are usually less expensive and do good work. I just had a new muffler installed, $90.

John Mc

88 Dolpgin 4 Auto

Here's what I think is the closest offered by Walker - 1986 121" W.B. Would at least make a good starting point. You might have to insert a straight section if your W.B. is longer and for sure you'd have to 'invent' your own tailpipe (either out the back or to the side).

post-3557-0-73546400-1333634399_thumb.gi

napa and car quest sell bends of pipe and swaged reducers and straight pieces of pipe i put my own on my 88 4wd and their heavy duty hangers were very heavy duty. auto zones hangers look like toys in comp. IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN USE THE OLD ONE FOR A PATTERN

• 7 years later...

Hi all , looking for tail pipe and intermediate pipe for 1987 Escaper RWD 1 ton. Any ideas where to look? Thanks 

Yeah my rig lost muffler 10 days ago in Carthage Texas and Gateway Tire and Service Center had it back on the road for $120.00 in an hour. great shop. These rigs are blessed with lots of parts that will or can be made to fit with some welding. And they usually don't cost a fortune. I had to get part of it welded last year so 80 bucks and back on the road.

I would not take it to a muffler shop but google reviews on local shops and see who is good, has facebook page as at least in they screw up you can call them on on social media eh!

Good luck.

Try some large truck garages. Many have pipe bending machines. And have a big enough lift to work on your rig.

Judging from the look of your undercarriage I’d have the whole system replaced.

Edited by fred heath