Diesel????

bluefever

10 members have voted

1. 1. is this stock???

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• 2 months later...

Yup, they exist. I drove one about 8 years ago.It was tiny, about 17 feet and painfully slow on the highway, but, it was a blast to drive in town with it's 5 speed and wonderful right off idle torque.

The owner said he got 19 mpg, but, didn't try to drive for economy. I suspect with a little effort, 22 or 23 mpg would have been possible.

ya unfortunately old school diesel doesnt have the advantages that were made even in the late 80s.\

but would be extremely valuable still to swap a diesel engine in. like a 4bt cummins or something.

also not as reliable as a 20r.

the later Toyota diesels available in canda and overseas like the 1 KZT or 1 KZTE would be the most logical choice, after making an adapter for any other diesel or trying to fit one in would only be a nightmare.

JDM (japanese domestic manufactured) engines are CHEAP to come by, really.

the om606 is way too heavy as well as the 4BT.

the later Toyota diesels available in canda and overseas like the 1 KZT or 1 KZTE would be the most logical choice, after making an adapter for any other diesel or trying to fit one in would only be a nightmare.

JDM (japanese domestic manufactured) engines are CHEAP to come by, really.

the om606 is way too heavy as well as the 4BT.

Jdm engines for cheap is an kind of a thing of the past.

China buys them all up now.

If you have a listing of diesel toyota engines from a jdm seller can you link me to it?

thatd be interesting. There is an equivalent to this toyota engine they did sell here in the last generation isuzu hombre.

why itd make sense to use something sold here is replacement parts

If you have a listing of diesel toyota engines from a jdm seller can you link me to it?

http://www.braveauto...ut-service.html

Not a listing of diesel engines, but give them a try and see if they can find what you need...

Hope it helps! :)

I had a 1981 toyota mini cruiser with a factory toyota diesel and 5 speed for about 16 years

Sweet-Diesel-660.jpg

http://www.braveauto...ut-service.html

Not a listing of diesel engines, but give them a try and see if they can find what you need...

Hope it helps! :)

that is a perfect example. A former jdm engine importer that has absolutely no stock.

as opposed to buying the engines they now have to buy the whole wrecked car, primarily like a supra or something fast and turbo.

the days of $600 engines for your corrolla ( or toyota truck) are over.