Standing room height in Toyota motorhomes

siskiou

Hi,

my husband and I are in the market for a small motorhome with good gas mileage and the Toyotas sound great.

One problem: my husband is 6'4" tall. And so far, all the Toyota motorhomes we've come across have been too low for him to stand upright in.

Are there any models that are higher at all? Or do we have to look for something else?

Tallest is 6'3" with the Odyssey. Most are 6 or 6'1" . Most high top van campers are 6 ft 6 so you might have to consider one of those but plenty of toyota motohome owners are that tall and manage. It's not like they have so much floor space that your going to be walking around much. You really have to find one near you and try it out

Linda S

Thanks for the input, Linda and Derek!

I probably should have asked if the over the cab bed is long enough for him to stretch out and sleep compfortably! :D

We will wait for a model with the 6 lug axle to become available in our area, and then check it out in-depth!

The Dolphin brochure lists the overhead bunk mattress as being 50"x78". My '91 Seabreeze, when I bought it, had a standard double mattress in the bunk. (54"x75").

I have noticed some ads boasting about a Queen Size bed, but I'm not sure which ones. But this one does:-

http://medford.craig...2850470657.html

BTW, headroom is even less in the shower, due to the raised pan!

You do get used to the kink in your neck I'm 6'3" and my dolphin is 6'2" so I am bent while cooking or sitting at the dinette across from the stove. I also end up standing in the bathroom under the vent where I can stand straight. The bed is defiantly ok as it's about 6'6" long. But even after a year I still bang my head on the AC. Toyotas are the best motor homes out there (imo). Another problem he might encounter though is the driver's seat make sure he's comfortable, I barley have enough room to drive my toy would have been better if I had gotten an automatic so I had more room with less pedals lol.

Another problem he might encounter though is the driver's seat make sure he's comfortable, I barley have enough room to drive my toy would have been better if I had gotten an automatic so I had more room with less pedals lol.

Thanks! We'll definitely watch out for that!

So, having to be slightly hunched over whenever standing up doesn't get to you with time?

It's good to hear that the sleeping space is fine!

There's supposed to be more room in the cabs of the '89 & up V6 powered 'homes. That's what I've got and I have never driven an earlier model.

It seems, in our area (Oregon), there are quite a few late 70s Toyota MHs available, but the newer ones are rare/expensive.

Lots of Toyota rvs in Oregon. You just missed out on a nice one that was for sale for quite a while. 87 Odyssey ended up selling for less than 4 grand. Lots come up in Portland but other areas too. Be patient you'll find one. Season for rv sales is just starting

Linda S

Thanks! We'll definitely watch out for that!

So, having to be slightly hunched over whenever standing up doesn't get to you with time?

It's good to hear that the sleeping space is fine!

It seems, in our area (Oregon), there are quite a few late 70s Toyota MHs available, but the newer ones are rare/expensive.

Lots of Toyota rvs in Oregon. You just missed out on a nice one that was for sale for quite a while. 87 Odyssey ended up selling for less than 4 grand. Lots come up in Portland but other areas too. Be patient you'll find one. Season for rv sales is just starting

Linda S

I'll keep my eye on craigslist, and hope something good shows up at a reasonable price. There are several over $10,000 advertised and one that sounds good, but has over 100,000 miles on the engine, and a collection of 70s models.