Wanted: Right Side 1985 Sunrader Tail Light Lens & Side Marker Lens

ranger6350

If anyone is parting out an 85 Sunrader and has a tail light lens that would be good news. Tow truck lifted the back poorly and buckled my ladder and broke the tail light lens on the right side. Or, have ideas about where to look? Feel free to call 360 739 seven three five five. I'm on the west coast in Washington State. Thanks for any ideas!

Most lights (and lenses) seem to have been supplied by Bargman and are commonly stocked at your local (and online) RV stores. I don't know specifically about for the 85 Sunrader. You might want to replace both sides, as over the years the color of the lens plastic might have changed a bit. If that's important to you!

http://www.bargman.com/content/default.aspx

http://www.rvshop.co...10_p_72204.html

http://www.rvshop.co...11_p_72205.html

Bargman bought Reflect-o-Lite many years ago, but has discontinued the triple that is used on your rig. It is getting very difficult to find replacement lenses nowadays, but some sites still have old stock available. I have not been able to find any of the amber lenses, but I recently purchased replacements for the solid red and the red-with-clear (for backup light) from the above site.

brad

quick edit - i purchased from RVplus, not RV shop - the prices at RVplus.com were significantly better, if I remember correctly - something like $6 per lens

Edited by noonesperfect

The original triple light fixture is a Reflect-O-Lite model 1400. There is no direct replacement that will fit exactly into the opening you currently have, but if you use the search function, there have been people that used one of the current Bargman flush triples and fabricated a plastic "spacer" that eliminated the gap that would have been the result of different sized units. The only way to get a replacement 1400 is a junk yard or someone that is parting out their unit.

I'm not sure what part numbers you are looking for, but if you let me know, I can check on my Toy later today.

brad

Bargman 1400 was used on many motorhomes through at least the mid 90's. Good possibility of finding them at a wrecking yard that has Rv's. I have also considered the frame to install the newer smaller lights. I don't think it would be that hard to take piece of white plastic and cut it out to frame the larger opening. I've seen cutting boards at Ross that would work

ls

I guess the Model 1400 is part of the answer. The only other thing would be the individual lens numbers to aide the search.

Lenses just say 1400 so no more help

LS

Bargman 1400 was used on many motorhomes through at least the mid 90's. Good possibility of finding them at a wrecking yard that has Rv's. I have also considered the frame to install the newer smaller lights. I don't think it would be that hard to take piece of white plastic and cut it out to frame the larger opening. I've seen cutting boards at Ross that would work

ls

The Bargman part numbers for the replacement lenses are as follows (they are on the packages for the lenses I bought):

red lens - part # 4-14-010

backup lens (red with clear center) - part #34-14-711

amber lens - part # 34-14-014

The packages show these as replacement tail light lenses for the 1400 series - by the way, I bought from RVplus.com, not RVshop.com like I thought - the prices were better.

brad

Edited by noonesperfect

Thanks for the P.N. Sure to make life easier to find the right parts. A Google search for the numbers should turn up some sellers.

Am I correct in guessing you made a typo and that 'red lens - part # 4-14-010' should actually read 'red lens - part # 34-14-010'?

Oops - yes all the part numbers start with 34.

brad