I am LOVING this modification, it costs almost nothing to do and what a difference it has made. I am no longer driving paranoid of someone pulling out in front of me or panic stops, it just plain works. markwilliam1  I don't have an electronic camera (yet), even my phone won't hook up with the computer. I used to scan actual film into the puter but now it takes 30 days to get film developed, i just got a roll back 31 days. You can see the picture and explanation on page 4.

Edited by Lee & Joan
add stuff

Thanks Lee & Joan! Your excellent pictures from page 4 helps but I assume it is before you did the adjustment. I'll crawl under my rig and look if it ever stops raining!

On 3/31/2017 at 6:31 PM, Lee & Joan said:

You see the bracket that is attached to the left side of the differential in the center of this picture? It has a rubber cushioned joint attached to it then a threaded (adjustable) rusty rod sticking almost straight up into a pressed metal bracket with a bolt on each side of the bracket/adjuster rod. Coming in from behind the spare tire and above the axle is a rod (gray) with a little rubber boot on it and the round end of that rod is bolted to the bracket atop the adjuster. The rod end is held there by one bolt threw the round end of the rod. That is the bolt you take out to free the rod end. Then you lift the rod towards the underside of the floor (above & black) to see where to mount your hanger bracket. Then tie the rod end up to your new hanger bracket. Done Deal.

Underside_Rear_Axle_1.JPG

The picture above shows that the adjuster has been placed in the higher (of 2) axle mounting holes and the threaded adjuster is in the highest position threads, the two ways to give maximum increase in rear brake power that Toyota provided. Hanging the rod from the underside of the floor assures you get max rear breaking even with airbags or stiffer spring bundles deployed.

Photo below shows control arm (rubber boot with yellow center) hung from bracket attached to floor (silver) with red wire.  Goldish looking thing below that is where it used to be connected off the differential bracket.  I.ve turned that differential mount sideways so it layes down into the sway bar. closer look of bracket in photo #2

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

Edited by Lee & Joan
add text and pictures

see updated pictures above

Man Thanks so much Lee! That's what I needed to see. On Grannie it looks like the valve is @ its lowest position. Will adjust it now! Did you get a digital camera LOL? 

Glad that helped Mark. No I just got a much younger person to show me how to move cell phone pictures into the computer... My phone did NOT automatically recognize itself to the computer so he "introduced" my phone to the computer with some wizardry that only younger people seem to possess. Let us know how you like your new brakes.

PS did you see my new tail lights in the electric forum

Edited by Lee & Joan
add text

I did Lee WOW! Nice fabrication! I got the old Reflect-O-Lights tail lights which aren't made anymore. If they ever fail I could try and copy your setup unless you have a Patent LOL! Thanks again for the pictures. I now know what to do!