One cheap and yet decent quality option would be to strip the old decals off and repaint with a smooth roller using rustoleum high gloss metal paint bought at your local Home Depot. A quart, prob less than $10 bucks, would be plenty.

I would suggest picking a color from their everyday "house" swatches and ask to have the pure white high gloss metal paint tinted. Some employees might say they can't do it, and obviously it's not returnable blah blah blah. It's only a little tint and won't chemically breakdown the paint if you're worried about this. If you don't mind prime colors, I'm pretty sure they carry those such as yellow, red, blue, green, and you can use those "pure" if you want, but a custom tint will probably be your best in terms of a realistic rich color.

You could of course buy for about 4x the price, the same aresol product in an assortment of automotive colors, but a smooth roller with the liquid works pretty well if you do 2 thin coats. Less things to tape/shield too.

Gluck

• 2 months later...
One cheap and yet decent quality option would be to strip the old decals off and repaint with a smooth roller using rustoleum high gloss metal paint bought at your local Home Depot. A quart, prob less than $10 bucks, would be plenty.

I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 91' Warrior. My decals have already been removed using the 3M decal stripe off wheel which worked great. I contacted Winnebago about buying new decals but they informed me that they sell all their old stock to another company called Mobility RV (WinnebagoParts.com). To say that Mobility Rv provides crappy customer service would be an understatement. When I talked to there "customer service" person she told me the decals are handled by a guy named Brian and she would leave a message with him to call me back. It took him about 3 weeks to email a hand sketched drawing of the decals with prices skribbled in. They didn't even have all of them and the 90% they did have would have cost me $350-400. If the service was better and if they had the whole set I would have bit the bullet and paid that crazy amount, but I have to go a different route now.

I ordered some fine line striping tape from Amazon. I can see where the decals used to be clear as day because that's the only part that is not oxidized. I plan on taping it out and using foam roller to apply thinned out tinted rustoleum. The only part I can't figure out is how to do is where it says Warrior at the rear, I think I need an image of "Warrior" same font as old of course to use as a stencil, but I can't find any good straight on shots anywhere.

Does anybody have an image or know where to look for one?

www.rvsg.com

They do decals/stripes

WME Thanks for the quick reply. That website looks pretty cool for someone looking to replace the vinyl decals, but I'm looking to use pinstriping tape make an outline and paint on new ones. I think I can handle making the straight broad lines with the tape but I need a image of where it says "Warrior" on both sides of the camper towards the rear. I would resize the image and use it as a stencil to transfer it onto camper. Here are some pics.

GEDC1295.jpg

GEDC1294.jpg

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3891&st=0&p=21737&hl=+warrior%20+pics&fromsearch=1entry21737

This is kinda what I was talking about, I just wasn't looking hard enough.

My plan is to zoom in on the warrior decal print it out and have the good people at Officemax or Kinkos enlarge it to the exact size I need. This could then be used as my stencil when applying the pinstripe tape. I never tried this before but sounds like a good idea ... Right?