Full remodel....where to start??

Hello all, I will be starting a full remodel on our 82 dolphin 500 soon, But I am not sure where to start or what to save.

The fridge is nasty from being neglected for 10+ years as well as the stove/oven unsure on the working condition on both. The shower does not work, no idea about the septic system.

The coach battery is beyond dead the power converter is the original unit.

so what do I do? do I chuck everything and start fresh?

Here are some of my ideas so far

Junk the fridge and the stove. purchase a 47L ARB fridge freezer and a simple propane stove (i also have a 4runner i could use both items in). all new cabinetry (the same size as the originals.

Remover shower head and connected pipes,controls and sink, keep toilet and shower pan. use a removable solar shower ( again it can also be packed in said 4runner)

is there a way to upgrade the power converter and the water heater? what are the best units? what is a good option for the coach battery??

thanks in advance

B

• 2 weeks later...

You might think twice after seeing my attempt at a rebuild. I've yet to finish but hope to someday. Not meant to dissuade you just to give u a heads up. Try link below or search all forums for Burnt Shasta. Go for it! I'd be happy to answer any ?'s

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1928&st=0&p=8761&hl=+burnt%20+shasta&fromsearch=1entry8761

• 2 weeks later...