Roof Leak

waiter

I've had this small pesky leak since I got the Toyhouse. Water would get in behind the passenger side window on the cabover. not a lot, just enough to cause a small stain on the curtain that was hanging on the window.

It looked like a scratch on the roof until I pressed on it, then it was obvious this was the culprit.

post-4544-0-85365400-1315606186_thumb.jp post-4544-0-35867500-1315606224_thumb.jp

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Yah, Fiberglass is the way to go. I looked at Sunraders but couldn't find any at the time.

Thoughts on water leaks

The key to the stick built units, the seam at the roof/sides. Make sure its not leaking.

Also the roof vents cracking due to age, and the A/C roof seal, but you'll find this on Sunraders also.

The front windows leak because they have no way to drain the frame (the angle is to sharp for water to drain out, instead, the water seeps over the top of the frame and leaks inside.

The back window is the same, Look at the rubber keeper that holds the window in the frame. Put the seam at the bottom, this will allow water that gets between the window and the frame to drain out. If the seam is at the top, the rubber keeper can trap water in the frame and it will drain inside.

And of course, inspect the top for cracks in the aluminum sheet next to the edge.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I've had this small pesky leak since I got the Toyhouse. Water would get in behind the passenger side window on the cabover.

Geocel has a product called 'ProFlexRV' flexible sealant that I have used and seems to work well. It bonds to virtually all recreational

vehicle materials, even damp, oily, or frozen surfaces. It has quick tack-free time and is paintable. I found out I could dip my finger in

mineral spirits (paint thinner) after applying the bead of caulk and gently smooth the bead and it doesn't have all the knots and ridges

that amateur caulkers make while caulking. I know that caulking is sometimes a 'Bandaid" but this producr has worked for me.

'homer.

• 1 year later...

When we first got our '92 Winnebago Warrior, in July 2010, we called Winnebago to ask about the roof. a: aluminum

Then how to treat it? The answer was apply a good coat of wax. Do not wrap it over the off season.

We're not sure what was used to caulk the edges, but whatever it is seems to be holding up. X-ing our fingers that it lasts.

Ron 'n Sue in Toy-Rig

Regarding the back window leaking, I ended up drilling a 1/8 hole through the frame at the center bottom.

I drilled it from the inside with a downward angle. Any water that accumulates in the frame rails drips its

way through the hole.

Dennis...