• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.motorhomeclassifieds.com/161598.html

Its amazing how many winnebego owners dont type e.

Ha derrick i wish you would believe me.

I just had all my facts straight you had none like usual.i wish you would post way less here ha ve i told you that recently? You have almost no experience to add

http://www.motorhomeclassifieds.com/161598.html

Its amazing how many winnebego owners dont type e.

Ha derrick i wish you would believe me.

I just had all my facts straight you had none like usual.i wish you would post way less here ha ve i told you that recently? You have almost no experience to add

Strangely there are no pictures of the engine bay.

You know good job on bringing sales brochures but that helps bring some info but it really means nothing at all. It means thats what they were trying to sell.

I dunno kids. Maineah actually wrote a list that said theres 83 efi motorhomes and 87 v6 motorhomes and a lot of other fiction.

That i tried to set straight. And nothing personal ive never heard him claim anything he says is correct its just chit chat all friendly and estimated..

And i tried to set it straight what everyone here knows is that 85 86 has mma ny as in thousands of 22r on the road right now.

If you cant get it you cant. Believe it or not i appreciatethe brochures they dont actually set any facts straight an d if they cla imed there arent 22r toyhome s in 85 theyre obviously mistaken correct?

i dont need to belabor the facts are self evident. I dont think youre AAA rocket scientist but even you can see self evident. I had the hood open on an 85 dolphin with a 22r today as in jan 25 so its hard to make me believe in fiction

I dont follow your theory and it doesnt correspond to reality.

In 85 efi was an option and most new truck consumers rejected it thats why over 90 percent sold thqt year were carburated.

Not like gm in 87 when their trucks became efi. They only offered one

Toyota offered two. And in the mid 80s consumers thought trucks should still be carburated.

They were stupid but that is what they thought. Not 5 years later nobody thought this.

In 1985 toyota was ahead of its competors and quickly killed them

Nissan did not have an efi truck til 1993.

thats the story of the truck that came in efi and carburated in the same years.

Wha t toyotas competitors did was make a throttle body injection during hose years which is a marketing technology not real fuel injection or really its an injected carburator

Please note that the "i" after the Nissan engine number denoted "injected" introduced in midyear 1986

On 1/25/2014 at 5:57 PM, stamar said:

I dont follow your theory and it doesnt correspond to reality.

In 85 efi was an option and most new truck consumers rejected it thats why over 90 percent sold thqt year were carburated.

Not like gm in 87 when their trucks became efi. They only offered one

Toyota offered two. And in the mid 80s consumers thought trucks should still be carburated.

They were stupid but that is what they thought. Not 5 years later nobody thought this.

In 1985 toyota was ahead of its competors and quickly killed them

Nissan did not have an efi truck til 1993.

thats the story of the truck that came in efi and carburated in the same years.

Wha t toyotas competitors did was make a throttle body injection during hose years which is a marketing technology not real fuel injection or really its an injected carburator

It never was an option is was one of two you could refuse the one or the other and look for another truck the following year there was no choice. A carburetor has a float and has a fixed jet gasoline is drawn in under vacuum a throttle body is electronically managed fuel injection two completely different systems no relationship.

"Maineah actually wrote a list that said theres 83 efi motorhomes and 87 v6 motorhomes and a lot of other fiction."

Here in lays the problem you only read what you want to hear I suggest you go back and read my post again particularly the part where I said they did not show up in the MH till 88

The first efi engine in a nissan truck is the ka in 1993

From YOUR favorite source:-

"In models after 1989 this was replaced by the KA24E of similar displacement, this being a respectable-performance SOHC engine which was installed for the 1990 through 1997 model years with a new three-valve-per-cylinder head producing 134 hp."

"The KA24E was a SOHC 12-valve engine produced from July 1988 through January 1997. It uses sequential electronic fuel injection ..."

Please restrict you misinformation to Toyotas from now on. :)

And its not in the nissan truck its in a 240sx. You guys are so far off and just contradicting like teenagera

Maineah since there are no 88 v6 toyota motorhomes maybe your onlyvobe year off becausw they use 88 truxks in 89 motorhomes.... which is when v6 motorhomes came out.

All my facts are completely straight all your contradictions are xhildish. But whoever wants to keep facts straight got the right info I didnt let it pass.

If it were in the 90 nissan truck and the 84 toyota truck that would be 6 years behind and not 9. But efi would be much later in nissan or any other truck than toyotas which is why they took over the market

22r and 22re were for sale at the same time from toyota in trucks for what are we saying six years maineah.

Are you still confused. I think its simple. You make assumptions they were incorrect no big deal.

The engine in my 1986 Nissan Sunrader is a VG30i. It is fuel injected.

VG30i The VG30i is a 3 L (2,960 cc) engine produced from 1986 through 1989. It features a throttle body fuel injection system. It has a long crank snout, a cylinder head temperature sensor positioned behind the timing belt cover, and a knock sensor in the cylinder valley (on California models only). It produces 140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp) at 4,800 rpm and 226 N·m (167 ft·lbf) at 2,800 rpm.

Applications:

Linda S

Ya tbi is not the same as port injection. Efi is still used on todays cars.

Tbi was a marketing thing they used to sell older engine technology in the 80s to call it injected.

Most people werent fooled which is why it is defunct.

Efi offers a large improvement in power and economy and reliability of carburators but tbi does not.

It is essentially just an injector going through a carburator...

I know you guys arent big car buffs but most people do understand what efi is and hopefully you do now as well.

I had an 89 nissan truck it was extremely reliable. I have a 85 toyota motorhome and its yeara ahead of it in terms of technology.

Thats what happened in the car biz in the 80s toyota took over.

Nissan went down the tubes and eventually was bought.

If you can grasp it thats cool I think most people can.

Now when we look at 00 used motorhmes someday it could be a different story I honestly dont know.

All my facts are completely straight ...

"The fuel injected version referenced above was denoted as the Z24i (Throttle Body Fuel Injection) and was first available in the Nissan Model 720 ST pickup during the 1985 model year and was replaced in 1990 by the KA24E engine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Z_engine#Z24

:)

Hmm. Oh to explain this to he who knows all

EFI stands for electronic fuel injection. TBI is a type of EFI the same as MPI. That means multiport fuel injection. Toyota and Nissan/Datsun had multiport injection systems as early as 1975.

The 280z was the first Nissan/Datsun to come to America with a multiport fuel injection engine in 1975.

Toyota's first American EFI vehicle was the 1979 Supra with a multiport fuel injected inline 6.

If EFI means your ahead of the game then you have to give credit to the US. First developed by Bendix and used commercially for the first time in the Rambler Rebel in 1957. I'm guessing that's why we all have a Rambler in our driveways.

Linda S

In the 70s datsun was a closer competitor to toyota

But were talking trucks specifically and in the 80s toyota became king.

Well if I say fuel injection I mean real port injection as ive said clearly like 6 times how could you be confused

Mpfi is much better than tbi which is dubvious. Read about it what can I say

Ya cars are interesting I recomend you read about them.

I think the average person knows a little bit more about the car technology of the 80s 90s than you three.

But I could be wrong.

Im interested in mature car talk with people who have a little broader knowledge and are actually interesting not attempting some childish contradiction game.

I hope you did reax about it I was just making conversation on points that are self evident.

If you confuse tbi with mpfi you definitely flunk.

If you think ANY form of EFI is a carb, then you obviously never even managed to enroll in the course, even at Curbstoner College. :)

If it's got an injector, then it's 'Fuel Injection'.

If it's also electronically controlled, it's 'Electronic Fuel Injection'.

I don't want to confuse you by mentioning 'Mechanical Fuel Injection'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love to find out more about the Lexus v8 swap for the v6. Not a whole lot of info out there, or I have not found it yet.

An unfinished blog

http://www.supracharged.com/swaps/87rv/index.shtml

And a thread from here but I don't think it's very detailed.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4165&hl=%2Blexus+%2Bswap

The conversion on yotatech is so old none of the pics are still there

Linda S

• 2 months later...

Hey guys - my apologies if I just am not reading this correctly, but here is my question, please:

Did the 1988 Toyota Dolphin come with both a 4cyl and a 6cyl? I'm trying to determine if the 4cyl engine could be relatively easily replaced with a newer Toyota 6cyl?

Thanks for any and all help.

HatManGeno in Sacramento

Yes they came with a V6 but you'd need to either find a V6 model transmission to go with it, or an adapter plate to make the V6 fit the transmission bell housing.

The V6 came with a slightly stronger transmission, to stand up to the extra power of the V6. There would also be wiring you'd need to swap out.

Relatively easy all depends on your skill level, but I wouldn't call swapping a V6 into a truck that came with a 4 cylinder as easy in any way.

Any R series engine (20R, 22R, 22RE) will bolt up to any transmission which came on a 4 cylinder vehicle. But a V6 engine won't, just like a 4 cylinder engine won't bolt right up to a transmission that came in a 6 cylinder vehicle.

• 3 months later...