• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Just like in the trucks the 22re and 22r were for sale at the same time. That covers all years of toyhomes with 22re.

In general the 22re is auto and the 22r is 4 speed manual from 85 to 88

Looks 'Factory'. Congratulations.

Have you done a write-up about the build anywhere?

Thanks. No I didn't do a write-up, I guess I should have but there's others that can be found on web. When I do my Sunrader I'll try and do a better job documenting the steps.

Thats ridiculous. I know you can type in a question to google and read the first sentence. Type 85 toyhome 22r. Type 86 toyota dolphin 22r.

Next try to find a 85 dolphin for sale with the 22re. It was a small percentage of trucks and motorhomes for sale in the us that year... like less than ten percent. I know i own one and i buy parts for it.

I drove an 86 22r on the same day i bought this one. And that was in oregon.

Sorry youre out of your mind again.

http://www.rvamerica.com/TownTalk/RVAmericaForums/tabid/79/forumid/1/threadid/248019/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Here of course is an 88 22r with an auto. By 88 they would he the minority.

It would take a record breaking brain lapse to be on this forum for years and not see 22r in an 85 thru 88 toyhome theres been tons of owners here constantly actually.

Whereas of course theres no 83 22re or 88 v6 owners.

Thats ridiculous. I know you can type in a question to google and read the first sentence. Type 85 toyhome 22r. Type 86 toyota dolphin 22r.

Next try to find a 85 dolphin for sale with the 22re. It was a small percentage of trucks and motorhomes for sale in the us that year... like less than ten percent. I know i own one and i buy parts for it.

I drove an 86 22r on the same day i bought this one. And that was in oregon.

Sorry youre out of your mind again.

Once again, you're posting 'statistics' (<10%) out of thin air.

I prefer facts, not misinformation trolled up with Google (or worse, from your memory). Quoting the 1985 Dolphin brochure (attached for your convenience. Read 3 times, of course):- "New features ...The Toyota fuel injected engine has plenty of power ...".

The fuel injected engine is listed as 'Standard Equipment', not as an 'Option'. And no mention of the carbed engine being available as an option.

Since I like to do a little 'Fact Checking' (you might want to try it some time :)), I also looked at the Damon Escaper brochure and they also list the "New 116 HP Fuel Injected Engine" in their 1985 brochure (printed in 1984).

The Four Seasons Pioneer also shows EFI standard in 1985. No mention of anything else.

Maybe you could post something showing that the non-EFI 22R was available in 1985 in a MH. A direct link to a credible source, of course.

As for the parts you need to buy for yours, maybe yours is built on an '84 chassis? Have you checked the Toyota VIN?

"57.3% of all statistics are invented." :)

So I do know of 1 toyota mtorhome after 1985 with a 22r engine and only one. My friend sold a 1988 Sunrader 4x4 a few years back that had a 22r engine. He had to post the door tag on the toyota-campers site cause no one believed him. Sunrader was known for their custom orders though.

In 1985 EFI became standard on the cab and chassis models that were the base of most of our motohomes. Carb model would have had to be custom order adding more cost to an already expensive vehicle. Not likely to happen too often

As far as an early EFI on a motorhome, we have a member with a Bandit built on an SR5 chassis that has an early EFI engine. I do believe I've seen a couple of Sunraders sporting an EFI chassis too. So your wrong there too.

Linda S

If you are listing engines in toyhomes theres no correlation between that list and reality.

The first year the 22re is in any toyhome is 1985

The 22r is still available in toyhomes until 88

the 2nd edition 22r starts in 85

Try again a little harder next time. 22R's engines went away with the first RE's First MH 22RE was 84. It was all about the EPA standards.

Still not quite right. 22re only available on the SR5 model trucks in 1984 so wouldn't be on a motorhome except a Bandit like I mentioned. Maybe some Sandtana's or pop top Odyssey. Only the lighter weight RV's. The 22r non EFI engine wasn't used in motorhomes after 1985 except for the rare special order like the 88 Sunrader I mentioned but that means it still had to be an available engine in 1988. Didn't go away. Wiki says they were available until 1995

Linda S

I havent seen one before but any rare thing could exist. In 84 there were trucks with efi if someone used one it could be a motothome

There are so many 85 dolphins with th22r you have to hide under a rock to miss them

Can ypucompute thatat all manuals hadthe 22r

Type 86 dolphin 22r and look atthe thousands around the country.

Thats true the22r wasnt an option after 89 on the trucks.m

My toyhome is on an 84 chassis but it has the 85 22re.

I dont need to check the vin its stamped on the body 1984 toyota.

There could be parts i need from an84 someday

When you type in your truck into autozonr and you ask the engine size it relates the amount of trucks built that year with that engine.

http://boulder.craigslist.org/rvs/4282692209.html

Thats crazy to havr only heard of one

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/68zn6-toyota-sun-land-express-motorhome-i-m-looking-mini-motor.html

When theres six in this forums where is your rig thread and theres several regular posters with one

Ive seen upwards of several hundred for sale ib craigslist ads. They are extremely common

Theres too many to count other than the one i drove type 86 toyota motorhome manual.

http://boulder.craigslist.org/rvs/4282692209.html

Thats crazy to havr only heard of one

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/68zn6-toyota-sun-land-express-motorhome-i-m-looking-mini-motor.html

When theres six in this forums where is your rig thread and theres several regular posters with one

Ive seen upwards of several hundred for sale ib craigslist ads. They are extremely common

Theres too many to count other than the one i drove type 86 toyota motorhome manual.

This one is too easy. Winnebago never made any Toyota motorhome with a carburated engine, period. The owner just left out the e on the end of the engine description.Not everyone is a mechanic you know or even has an idea what the difference is.

Next one is probably an 84 made in 85. I do think that there are probably a few 85's with the 22r engine though. Late 84 chassis that the dealers were clearing out for cheap.

By only one I mean well into the 22re period. 1988 is long after everyone else was using the now standard cab and chassis. Oh and I just remembered. This was a 4x4 Sunrader and those weren't built on a cab and chassis cause toyota didn't make any 4x4 ones. It would have been built on a complete 4x4 truck chassis.

Linda S

Linda S

http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/steves_85_sunrader.htm

Just on this forum you can see 20 examples.

Please get it together

When efi became available in trucks in general americans rejected it. In the truck models for these years efi is a small minority.

Even in 87 now 88 89 itsa majority. 90 the base model is the 22re

For all the ye ars its available in AAA toyhome a 22r is just as available.

Get real get it together.

http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/steves_85_sunrader.htm

Just on this forum you can see 20 examples.

Please get it together

When efi became available in trucks in general americans rejected it. In the truck models for these years efi is a small minority.

Even in 87 now 88 89 itsa majority. 90 the base model is the 22re

For all the ye ars its available in AAA toyhome a 22r is just as available.

Get real get it together.

Again a 4x4. All of the 4x4's were built on truck chassis not cab and chassis. Yes the 22r was still readily available in a 4x4 truck then. If fact it was standard on the 4x4's except for the SR5 models. Not standard on a 2wd cab and chassis.

Linda S

In 1985 1986 and 1987 22r was standard on 2wd and chassis toyota trucks is that your question?

the 22r was not made in 84 it was the redesigned 22r new for 85.

is that your question?

Yes in 1985 22r was standard on 2wd and 1 ton is that your question?

I have no questions. the 22r was not standard on the cab and chassis in 1985. The 22re was. That's what toyota says not me. Also a 1 ton is not a cab and chassis. The 1 ton refers to the 1 ton single wheel truck. Toyota calls the dal wheel model the WT model or just heavy. The 22r was standard on all the toyota trucks in 1985 except for the cab and chassis and the SR5 models. Almost all motorhomes are on those cab and chassis so they had a 22re.

Linda S

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=857

I wonder how many thousands of people had e broken on their keyboard

And what about the 86 i drove in koos bay oregon. Did it have like a fake round air cleaner in it?

where are all these things coming from? Dont you live in the bay area? I can show you an 85 dolphin 300 with 22r today in saa jose

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rvs/4277538755.html

Isnt it crazy how many people dont know what engine they have. And almost all of them have 4 speeds too.

Or maybe they dont know what that is either

http://victoria.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-RVs-motorhomes-Toyota-New-Horizon-Motor-Home-W0QQAdIdZ560268259

If youve only ever seen one how many have you seen now?

Let me try and explain this Toyota in the early 80's still produced trucks with different engines in the same year prior to the cut off date, you would have to order parts by the production date if you really wanted the right ones. After the the 22R's ran out they only produced 22RE's this may or may not have been what Toyota wanted to do the engines would not pass emission standards. The general public had been driving electronic fuel injected vehicles at the point the 22RE came out for 16 years it was not some thing new. You can't reject some thing if you don't like it if it's your only choice. I own a 2011 Tacoma if some one asked me what the engine number was I would get it wrong it is a 4LV6 that is all I need to know. If you ask the average owner they would have no clue the same holds true for a used Toy home they call it what ever they have heard some one said it was.

I dont follow your theory and it doesnt correspond to reality.

In 85 efi was an option and most new truck consumers rejected it thats why over 90 percent sold thqt year were carburated.

Not like gm in 87 when their trucks became efi. They only offered one

Toyota offered two. And in the mid 80s consumers thought trucks should still be carburated.

They were stupid but that is what they thought. Not 5 years later nobody thought this.

In 1985 toyota was ahead of its competors and quickly killed them

Nissan did not have an efi truck til 1993.

thats the story of the truck that came in efi and carburated in the same years.

Wha t toyotas competitors did was make a throttle body injection during hose years which is a marketing technology not real fuel injection or really its an injected carburator

Honda still sells new cars with the same displacement but motors use different technology

A la vtec dohc

But not as often only toyota sold the same truck efi and carburated. Nothing at all to do with epa emmission or other made up theoriez