Dual in-dash cup holder & small shelf upgrade

While I had the cluster out for the cluster swap, I noticed the single cup holder in the dash could be replaced with the dual one. I had to remove the punch-out cover so the unit would slide-out, I did this with a sharp knife. Other than that it was un-screw the old one, screw-in the new one easy... :rolleyes:

100_2176.jpg

Original single one

100_2179.jpg

Single one next to the dual

100_2187.jpg

Installed with the punch-out cover removed

100_2229.jpg

Dash back together

Also, you can get a small shelf from the SR5 4runners under the radio. This is added to the cover that is just plain on our 89-95 trucks. Super easy to switch you don't even need tools!

Just use something like a pen to push in the middle of the two little push-in pins on either side to be able to pull them out. The cover is now loose and you are able to remove it. Place the new cover in with the shelf, line-up the holes, push the pin part of the push-in pins back out so you can incert it thuough the hole and the push the pin back in so it is flush. Done! :)

100_2206.jpg

before

100_2207.jpg

after

100_2205.jpg

Side-by-side

100_2208.jpg

After you realize that there is another place to store stuff... :bleh:

I have a brand new Tacoma it has 13 yes 13 cup and bottle holders and all kinds of messages about where bottles and cups belong! This mind you is in a truck that on a good day can carry 2 adults 2 kids or 2 very uncomfortable adults in the back that's 3 1/4 holders per person!

That dash/instrument cluster looks real nice, Andrew!

Craig just found an instrument cluster out of a T-100 for me, including the tach and trip odometer, and I will probably install it this weekend. At the same time, I'll install a 2nd cigarette lighter and make both of them hot all the time. We are also both going to install "oh, shit!" handles that Craig also picked up from various T-100s and 4-Runners at the junk yard.