SR5 Seats from 90-95 4Runner

I read on Wikipedia that the 2nd generation Hilux ends July 1978 and the 3rd generation starts August 1978. Do you know what generation your 78 is?

Yes. In fact I think mine are actually Honda, but it sounds fancier to say Acura.

This was a few years ago, but I remember going back & forth between a couple different Acuras and Hondas, and might have decided a Honda had the best of the bunch. I didn't check to see if the mounts were the same.

But I'd assume that the only difference is trim and labeling, ie the highest level Honda and lowest level Acura are identical except for the name on the outside.

So there's just the idea that if it says Acura on it, it's going to have at least as fancy seats as the nicest Honda.

Body style changed in 79, then again in 84, then again in 89, and so on.

My body style is different than yours.

But the conventional wisdom for first generation 4x4, which is 79-83, is that early 90s Acura seats are a great swap. Probably not much a changed with seat mounting between 70's and 80's models Toyota pickups.

But in the end you've got to look/measure and see. Nothing will be a direct swap.

What was great about this swap for me was that all I had to modify where the seat tracks. No drilling my cab floor or welding or anything. Just one drilled hole in each seat track.

I have a search set up on my iPad app for tan or brown Acura or Honda seats (preferably leather). Some moron installed my seat tracks with carriage bolts and of course the bolts and nuts were corroded which meant the only way I could remove them was to drill them out from the top. Now it will be easy to see if the new seats will fit properly. Since removing the passenger seat I kinda like having all that room and was thinking it would be nice to put a simple little jump seat there!