Please help me decide

Viking66

Hey all!!!

I have come to a standstill on my Sunrader.

Why you ask??

I have been looking for some paneling that I need for replacing some that is water damaged. I have called a few supply places but by the time you pay for the paneling, the crate, and then freight it comes close to $400.00 and that's just for 2 sheets.

I want the inside to look nice, and not hokey by slapping up some Box stroe paneling. I hate to paint!!!!!

I only have one wall to do, and a lot of that is taken up by a window and the couch.

Any ideas on what I could put up in that spot would be really cool.

Thanks in advance.

Thom

this looks like an interesting option http://www.tchweb.com/tchstore/category/fiberglass-laminate/s0/510---FRP-Laminate-Panels.html

-andrew

Hey all!!!

I have come to a standstill on my Sunrader.

Why you ask??

I have been looking for some paneling that I need for replacing some that is water damaged. I have called a few supply places but by the time you pay for the paneling, the crate, and then freight it comes close to $400.00 and that's just for 2 sheets.

I want the inside to look nice, and not hokey by slapping up some Box stroe paneling. I hate to paint!!!!!

I only have one wall to do, and a lot of that is taken up by a window and the couch.

Any ideas on what I could put up in that spot would be really cool.

Thanks in advance.

Thom

Man for 400.00 I think I'd buy some at a box store and just keep repeating "four hundred dollars, 4 HUNDRED dollars, FOUR hundred $$" over and over while I painted that small of an area. What about those panels that they sell for milkhouses and such? White glossy with a couple different textures as I remember? Kind of plastic-y rather than wood but you wouldn't have to paint it.

consider doing some of that lightweight thin pine wainscott type paneling. I did my dining room ceiling in it and it looks great. I have seen a number of pics of toyhouses with their interior paneling painted and in each case, i thought it was an improvement. Of course, i have yet to see one in real life.

Thom,

Try looking at door skins. They're about 1/8" thick, come in 36" x 80" or 4' x 8', look pretty good depending on what kind of wood is on the good side and are easy to attach to the existing wall. You could even go right over the existing damaged wall and save a lot of labor. I know Home Depot has them (at least in my area of Montana) and I think Lowe's has them, too. They usually run about $11.00 to $15.00 and come in oak, mahogany and birch. You can even order one with a teak face if desired.

I also need to replace a bit of paneling, around the fridge.

For this application, and for a touch of structural strength, one of the birch or oak 1/4" plywoods at my local Lowe's will fit my needs. A couple layers of polyurethane

should seal it well.

Let it Snow!

I got some nice high quality multi-ply paneling from my local small box store, about $30 a sheet. I ended up tearing out the whole rear dining area (Sunrader) back to the fiberglass. Reframed everything with new wood, then repaneled with paneling that matched the wood in the kitchen and hallway (instead of the paneling that matched the dining room) and then reset the windows. I could not live with the shipping cost and panel cost they wanted to match the original so I changed the entire area.