Wake up little Sadie!

shandamac

Woah Nelly! I've been out of touch!

Look at all the new toy owners!!!! Welcome, welcome!!!!!

So cool to get on the groove and see what's been going on in toyland! (Curious about the toyotamotorhomes.com decal though. I missed the memo. Do we have one yet?)

Sadie, my 81 Sunrader has become a talisman. With her, I have found balance, freedom, and sanity...(yes, especially with painted flowers.) Not only do I include her on roadtrips and out of town gigs, but lately, she's begun to visit the office with me and help run errands. We've been having a ball!!

This weekend she will stand in as an oasis/green room at the Medeival Fair in Norman for The Merry Sisters of Mayhem, as we join our friends in performing really, really, really old tunes while dressed in really, really, really odd costumes. 3 full days of wonderful music and wind. (Ah the joys of living in Oklahoma).

Speaking of wind: 2 weeks ago, Sadie and I traveled up I-35 through Wichita on our way to Lawrence KS for a sheapshearing event. (Very cool!) We drove against the wind almost the whole way...45-50mph...avg about 13mpg. The 6 hour trip took almost 9 hours. We just toodled along, basking in the openness of the plains, and experiencing things that the faster drivers missed....(like seeing the hawk drinking from a rain ditch along the highway, or driving neck in neck with the train near Cassaday). The sheepshearing was amazing! Even more amazing was that the shearer used solar electricity. Konza.com came to the farm to demonstrate it's new robotic solar panel system. (The panels moved automatically with the light). Sadie told me she wants a robotic solar panel too. (Maybe when I win the lottery.) Anyway, as expected, the wind shifted from the South for our trip home, and once again we headed out against it. Same mph, same mpg, except 3/4 of the way out, we saw the most wonderful sunset. Windows open, the smell of fresh turned river bottom dirt, the glimmer of early evening stars. I really love driving that little 4 cyl stick.

It's going to be an interesting year. Not too many official travel plans planned, but every chance we get, Sadie and I will be doing something, even it it's going to Wally world to paruse the camping section. I hope to get in a few good days of motorhome maintenance projects though. New screw cover trim installed, remove the water cooler and install a solar fan, shore up a cabinet that's trying come loose (Sadie's house really needs to be completely redone at some point, but ...well...you know.), and replace old propane hook up lines. What's the phrase Derek? "One Project Leads to Another"...something like that.

Hoping everyone has a blessed and prosperous year!!!!!! But most of all, I hope it's FUN!!!!!

Embracing Cosmosity,

Shanda and Sadie the Prairie Princess

Ha! Yes you, and that's exactly what I mean. It amazes me at how many "while we're at its" I can add to a "To Do" list.