Also note that you buy them long and cut off the extra after your done. Here are some pics of the job http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=1&do=view_album&album=207 The support system you see in m pics is not the recommended way to do things, sometimes you have to work with what you have. Be safe!

A spring shop can make you a u bolt probably cheaper then you can buy it at a parts store take them the one you cut off. Greg is right they will be long that is normal in order to pull the spring pack together just cut off the excess.

Ya, I was going to have a shop make them.

Do you know the length and width of the bolt? Or, I guess, the specs, how to order, so I can get em ordered before taking off during the project??

Thanks!

Edited by vwbitts

Measure the plate holes or the center of the existing u bolt that is enough to let them know the radius of the bend.

• 1 month later...

thanks

Hey there, any chance you have the U-bolt measurements for the 1 ton axle. my mech is replacing a 1/2 ton axle and I have no hardware to use as a template...

-thanks in advance