Good place to find rims, salvage yards?

damian

hi everyone, i am having a heck of a time locating a set of dually wheels 14" for the toyota based r.v.

Im wanting to use them on a nissan pick-up that i believe has the same lug pattern. any help to where i might be able to find some would be great. ive tried some r.v salvage yards but no one seems to have any of the toyota models. thanks!!!

• 6 months later...

Have you tried your Toyota Dealer ? I get the impression that sometimes the genuine article is not always the worst deal. Steel wheels are normally not ridiculously priced (unlike alloy wheels). My truck was most likely retrofitted with the heavy axle and the front is the original 5 lug system. I have seen pics of 6 lug front ends and it would be nice if the spare would fit both ends. If I could find 6 lug front hubs I would swap mine out and buy 3 of the 6 bolt wheels to replace my front pair and the spare.

Keith

My truck was most likely retrofitted with the heavy axle and the front is the original 5 lug system. I have seen pics of 6 lug front ends and it would be nice if the spare would fit both ends. If I could find 6 lug front hubs I would swap mine out and buy 3 of the 6 bolt wheels to replace my front pair and the spare.

When I replaced the rear axle on the diesel I found a complete late model 1 ton truck in a salvage yard and purchased the axle, springs (7 ride 1 load spring), 7 rims, and the front brake 5 to 6 lug adapters. All rims are the same 1 ton 6 lug type.

I'll attach a pic of the 5 to 6 lug adapters for you to drool over (I have asked Toyota about these but everyone just gets a blank expression.... They are Toyota parts but no one seems to know what they are or how to order them)

Diesel Mike

post-794-1178988058_thumb.jpg

post-794-1178988066_thumb.jpg