Porch Light Cover

87 and up should be the newer one still available

LS

not sure if i need and old or new. it's a 1990 dolphin. the cover itself is 4.25 wide, 2 1/8 tall. there are two tabs top and bottom (the long sides). when mounted the bottom is open to the handle. now quite sure how to describe. if it were a box, and turned it open side up, the bottom has no side, the two sides and top have side than slant out from the bottom. hope that makes sense. if the measurements match up i would love to hove it. here's the picture too. wouldn't want it not to be what i can use. thanks for the offer either way, let me know.

You need the newer style lens, if your Toyota motorhome is an 88 or newer. So it should fit perfectly. :)

• 4 months later...

I bought my Toyhouse 2 days ago thinking that it would take me forever to find everything that I need. As I cruze through this site, every minor problem that I have is talked about.

I also belong to SteveSaundersGoldwingforum and they are just like this site. It seems that as long as I stick with buying classic old equipment, I can get help. I wonder how many of the giant size RV owners stop to help each other out?

i belong to steve site also its a small world . the sites have a lot of info i am very glad to be a member to both forums.:ThumbUp:

My 1987 Dolphin 400 had the oldstyle light new lens would not fit had too replace entire fixture 38 dollors.

i have a 90 dolphin and the new style should be the right one. if you still have it let me know, i am interested. thanks, randy

anyone want new style lens cover for free? i ordered wrong one it wont fit. i could have sworn i posted this before.Does wisconsin rv have online site?

Here is what I did for mine. It was so detoriated I had to do something. I found a piece of aluminum and proceeded to cut the rectangular holes out. Found a piece of stained glass and siliconed it on the inside. I have been told that it looked as if it came on it, back in 1986? The aluminum piece looked like it had been hammered , but it just happened to be that way when I found it, already had a design . Hopefully someone else can maybe make themselves something like it or similar.

post-3517-0-22021600-1329539433_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-14162400-1329539443_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-94903700-1329539452_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-85428400-1329539909_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-13707000-1329539919_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-09280800-1329539929_thumb.jp

post-3517-0-72824500-1329539944_thumb.jp

hadn't really thought about doing something like that. i have lots of misc stuff around, i seldom toss anything., (not always a good thing). i'll have to do some perusing around the shop/storage. probably something out there that will fit the ticket.

• 4 years later...

It seems that someone is re-creating these pieces with some success. Judging from the few pictures I saw in the reviews, these covers will fit our original assist handles. I am going to order one tonight.  

https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Recreation-SR33101-Porch-Light/dp/B00K6L79K2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If your porch light is the old Reflect-O-Lite model those covers sold on Amazon or eBay wont fit (the ones with the 2 tabs on top and bottom!) I know I bought 2 of them. They could possibly be trimmed and then glued in place. I found a square amber trailer light that had the same width and cut off part for the length. Fit perfectly and with a little flexseal it stays in place. I looked for the original Reflect-O-Lite cover for 2 years before giving up and making one instead. When Bargman bought the Reflect-O-Lite company they changed the dimensions  and style of the recessed door handle for some reason.

10.89 best price I have seen...ebay wants 12.95.....so I finally just ordered one...have been making covers from milk jugs, but they only last about a year before getting brittle and cracking and dont look as good.