toyota odyssey steel roof

bobby jo

i see in a odyssey brochure about a steel reinforced roof, v6 engine and many other goody's but no date mentioned so --were all odyssey's built with a steel reinforced roof?

i have a 1986 odyssey and have tried to use a stud finder metal detector to find the answer --it picks up a lot of metal but the roof is covered with aluminum so that didn't work

good enough to find any pattern of any beams. it has a air conditioner and when i am driving from place to place i build a support from the floor to ceiling then remove it when i park.

if it has the advertised steel roof my support is just an over kill, but the roof has a slight bow. i have had it about 8 years---does any one know about steel reinforced odyssey roof's?

Edited by bobby jo

i see in a odyssey brochure about a steel reinforced roof, v6 engine and many other goody's but no date mentioned so --were all odyssey's built with a steel reinforced roof?

i have a 1986 odyssey and have tried to use a stud finder metal detector to find the answer --it picks up a lot of metal but the roof is covered with aluminum so that didn't work

good enough to find any pattern of any beams. it has a air conditioner and when i am driving from place to place i build a support from the floor to ceiling then remove it when i park.

if it has the advertised steel roof my support is just an over kill, but the roof has a slight bow. i have had it about 8 years---does any one know about steel reinforced odyssey roof's?

I have an 1990 Odyssey Mesa rear lounge and I am not sure about the roof but I have metal frame in the side walls. I am going to find out what the "stud" in the roof is soon as I am planing on making a hanging tv mount of sorts.

Mine has a slight sag but I am not worried at this point. All seems well around the A/C. My A/C is in the back hole and vent in the middle. When I get into the roof I'll let ya know what I find be it metal or wood. I can tell by the shape and the way the frost melts off it there is something there.

Have a great day

GP

I think framing is on 2 foot centers and each panel is 4 foot wide. Do you have any trim across the ceiling spaced about 4 foot apart?

yes it has 4 foot spaced trim and i have obtained a much better stud finder-wood and metal- and it has metal every 2 feet from rear wall to the front part that slants down to the nose.

thanks for your help