My Bath door is hanging by one roller. The back guide (roller) is broken so I had to figure out how the door was mounted and remove it.

Its actually easier than I originally thought.

1) remove the trim piece from the top (I removed the bathroom side, a little less conspicuous in case I make a mistake.

Use a pocket knife to cut the RTV corners. Then start in the middle and using a screwdriver, pry the piece of wood away from the frame. After its off, push the staples out as I'll reattach the piece with one or two screws in case I ever need to remove it again.

2) Once the small wood trim piece is off, you can see the track and the top of the door.

3) If you look at the roller mount on top of the door, there is a small plastic piece that locks the roller to the top of the mount, move that plastic piece and the roller assembly will slide out of the metal mount. The door can then be removed.

On my door, the rear plastic lock piece broke and the roller slid out of the metal mount. I need to find another metal mount, or perhaps figure out a way to lock the pin in the mount.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-008711800 1292195411_thumb.jpg

post-4544-058924700 1292195430_thumb.jpg

post-4544-057842700 1292195440_thumb.jpg

The rollers on mine were bad and I never found replacements so I bought a pocket door mounting kit from a big box hardware store and installed track and all not quite as neat as the little rollers but I'm guessing they will last a lot longer.

PPL Motorhomes had a complete kit that includes new rollers, metal hangars, bottom guides, door knob buttons, screws, etc.

BIRDseye Part # 80012 Pocket Door Replacement Hardware Brass.

Cost was about $7.00

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 auto