Maybe posted this in the wrong forum before, so repeating it here.

We live in the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver Island to be specific) and do not have a garage or other place to store our Warrior under a roof. We're quite concerned about how to protect our 'baby' mh from leaks. Already there's a big puddle on the roof. Ron went out last week and applied a thick coat of wax to the roof and it looks like that's beneficial. The previous owner applied a liberal coat of caulking to the seams. (See picture).

We're thinking of one of those plastic shelter things, but feel they may not be strong enough to withstand strong winds that we experience sometimes here on the side of our mountain. And how do they stand up to snow? We don't always get a lot but the long range forecast predicts real cold weather this winter so who knows? To complicate matters even more, we are in a bit of a forest.

I'm attaching a couple of pics.

Wet roof on Warrior 321RB ('92) and thick seam caulking

post-4394-047305200 1287941816_thumb.jpg

post-4394-048579800 1287941831_thumb.jpg

I would say the puddle is fairly normal just a low spot. I made some low saw horses for mine when I kept it out side in the winter one at the back and one just in front of the A/C unit then put a cover over top of them and made a little pitched roof it also allowed me to open the rear vent while it was stored. I live in snow country and if we got a lot of snow I just pulled it off with a snow rake.

The shelters you'll buy at Crappy Tire are made by Shelter Logic. They do not stand up to too big a snow load before the tubing can buckle. On the other hand, it's easy to get the snow off. A few knocks with the blunt 'business end' of a broom and it'll slide off. As for it blowing away, there's no problem if you've got it well anchored. If you don't plan on driving it, a few ratcheting straps to the Toyota and it's not going anywhere, unless it's taking the Toyota with it.

As for the puddle on the roof, I'd say park it on a slope. I assume you're not going to be living in it or running the frodge? Or use a jack post and some wood (to spread the load) and take the sag out! Also useful if you have a female companion!

I parked mine 319RB on the slope so water would drain right away. Not much you can do except going through and seal everywhere that leak is possible

I take it from these replies that once the frig is shut down for the season you don't need to worry about leveling? We keep our leveled even when it's parked for longer periods of time. I like the idea of the rain rolling right off though.

I put a 10 x 20 blue tarp over the roof. I tie one end under the front cab and then pull it back

and tie it to the rear roof rack. This end up covering about 80% of the roof. The tarp ends up

about a foot off the RV roof. I then take a Walmart RV cover ($199) and drop it over the top.

I take it from these replies that once the frig is shut down for the season you don't need to worry about leveling? We keep our leveled even when it's parked for longer periods of time. I like the idea of the rain rolling right off though.

Switched off, levelling is even less critical. Yes, less critical. Dometic says to level to be 'comfortable'. Norcold says 3 degrees (and 6 degrees). When running. Check the manuals.

P.S. 3 degrees is roughly the same as having the front wheels 7 inches higher (or lower) than the rear (on a 137" wheelbase).