Tail light Busted lens 91 Dolphin Need replacement!

jaz

I need help in finding a replacement Tail light lens drivers side for my 91 Dolphin. I busted the yellow section of the lens. It seems the lens is all one section of yellow/red/white. I went to toyota dealer and & and my locale RV shop. No luck. Any help with used rv part websites or vintage places to look to replace this would be appreciated. Trying to glue pieces together or use repair tape. Will accept all ideas. Thanks

My 89 Dolphin has this style:

taillight.jpg

If thats the same as what you have, I can help...:)

It's the same as a Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 1974~1983

Lots of places sell replacements, I bought mine a while ago from ebay, but this place has quality parts... http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/tursigrearfj.html

Hope it helps!

Andrew.

I just went and looked at my SeaBreeze. I expected them to be by Bargman, but was surprised to see 'Toyota' marked on the lenses. Did you take the lens in to Toyota see if they could look up one of the many numbers marked on the lens?

Edit: I see Andrew has posted while I was outside. That's what mine looks like. Thanks for the source, as I notice that one of mine is cracked.

Thanks Andrew for the link...my 91 light looks like the one you posted BUT when I go to the site you indicated I am confused as which one it the one I need. They have all assorted dates listed and I am not sure which one I need to purchase? They all look identical from the pics....any help with the correct model would help so I don't order the wrong one. Thanks

Thanks Andrew for the link...my 91 light looks like the one you posted BUT when I go to the site you indicated I am confused as which one it the one I need. They have all assorted dates listed and I am not sure which one I need to purchase? They all look identical from the pics....any help with the correct model would help so I don't order the wrong one. Thanks

I think the lens is all the same, the plugs may be different between the years...

Hear is a link to the lens part...

http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/tursiggasand.html

I always thought the driver and passenger side were the same, just flipped... I believe that's what I got form ebay anyway....

Andrew.

Have just ordered from the site you gave...thanks for the extra help as I was looking at the full light package and not just the lens....so you got me to the right part & page...can I assume then if I need front light or lens replacements I should use the Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 1974~1983 as my reference to find parts? Your rig looks nice from the front at least...would love to see more & keep you as a reference. This is a great site.

If you look at the original lenses, there are definitely LH and RH lenses, with the writing along the bottom and not identical lenses flipped over. I can only ASSUME that there's a difference in the prisms moulded into the back of the lenses which might affect light transmission and reflectivity. Whether it's important and detectable to the human eye, you'll have to try it out!

can I assume then if I need front light or lens replacements I should use the Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 1974~1983 as my reference to find parts?

No, the front is still a 91 Toyota Truck :)

Glad I could help. I'm a bit of a Toyota nut, I have owned two FJ40's (A '75 and a '77)So when i saw the Cruiser lights I liked National RV even more... :)

A.

• 9 years later...

=================================================================================
Tail Light Parts: For 1991 Dolphin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rear Tail Light Right 74-76    Part#81550-60190
Rear Tail Light left 9/73-8/76 Part#81560-60190

Rear Tail Light Lens 74-84 40 Right Part# 81551-26040
Rear Tail Light Lens 74-84 40 Left  Part# 81561-26040

Tail Light Gasket RH 74-84 Part# 81552-26040
Tail Light Gasket LH 74-84 Part# 81562-26040

Tail Lens Screw for Early to 67 FJ45 Cruisers Part# 93240-94016

https://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_4854_3272_3391