All new plumbing - PEX is the best

Replaced all the plumbing in the 1979 18' Sunrader this weekend with pex, awesome. I was able to take the tank out as well and cleaned it really well. It had a date on the tank, 2/15/79...funny. I ended up only running cold water to the sink as I don't plan on hot water at the sink so that saved some time and made the install cleaner. I was able to limit junctions and re route the pipes so they are out of the way of all the storeage areas. Also, and i'd like to get some thoughts on this...for the hose hook up I plumbed in a T and a ball valve and drilled mounted a fitting on the top of the tank so when I am hooked up and going to take off to a not hook-up location, I can just throw the ball valve and fill the tank... It works great. It's basically a pump bypass. It saves time from unhooking from the rig's back side and dragging the hose to the side and run in and out to see how full she is. Instead, you can throw the valve from the inside and watch the tank fill from the inside.

You can see the T in one picture and then the valve and the fitting into the tank.

post-3261-088990100 1287459967_thumb.jpg

post-3261-035560700 1287460012_thumb.jpg

How about all the tanks fittings didn't you have to replace them also that gray stuff is a bit smaller so far mine has been fine but I would think trying to fit the gray stuff to PEX would suck maybe the only way out would be replace the whole lot with PEX. Has any one tried the "shark bite" fittings between the gray stuff and PEX?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to replace a few lines here and there. Since the grey pipe and the related fittings no longer exist, I used PEX pipe and the push fittings. As long as the PEX and grey pipe ends are cut square, I haven't had a single leak and they seem to hold just fine under the pressure of my new water pump.

How about all the tanks fittings didn't you have to replace them also that gray stuff is a bit smaller so far mine has been fine but I would think trying to fit the gray stuff to PEX would suck maybe the only way out would be replace the whole lot with PEX. Has any one tried the "shark bite" fittings between the gray stuff and PEX?