Cutting FRP on a table saw ?

Think ive asked before but. Just about ready to install new FRP on bath wall but need to rip a couple inches off the entire lenth. Has anyone used table saw to cut it? I just have a wood cutting blade on table saw. Thanks for any firsthand input...

Think ive asked before but. Just about ready to install new FRP on bath wall but need to rip a couple inches off the entire lenth. Has anyone used table saw to cut it? I just have a wood cutting blade on table saw. Thanks for any firsthand input...

I have cut acrylic panels on a table saw but not FRP. Ihave a 10" carbide 50 tooth combination blade. Result was the plastic cut ok but the blade was noticably dulled. I took it to a shop which sends out carbide blades for resharpening. Cost was ?$12?? Can't be sure now. One choice is to buy a laminate-cutting blade which may have 140 or so teeth. Another choice is to use a jig-saw; the blades cost far less but your cut may have some wiggles depending on your skill. Or go ahead and use your table saw with the wood-cutting blade but expect to sharpen it after or buy a new blade.

85 mirage, I haven't tried cutting FRP, but I do use my 4 1/2" milwakie grinder with a thin metal cutting wheel on a awfull lot of different materials. Depending on your skills you can follow a pencil line fairly well. Be sure to wear safety glasses.

Chief

• 2 weeks later...

Use a carbide blade more teeth the better. "BE CAREFULL"!!!!!. If you are cutting a long piece you NEED a feed and off feed platform. That stuff is so thin it wants go under the rip fence "DANGER". That stuff is so thin It wants to bend up away from any surface it is put on that is shorter in length. Just lay a piece on a short surface and see.

Go ask a local cabinet shop to cut it for you. I can't imagine it would cost alot. Oh just don't tell them it's going in an

RV "RICH VICTIM"

All that said and done great stuff I used it to replace pieces in the bunk area looks good.

I have an old fashion set of tin-snips. They work just fine.

I have always used a skill saw with a fine tooth blade such as for plywood and cut from the back side. Hole saws for making holes. A table saw will work if you have enough platform to support the sheet, a helper is beneficial. It will give the straightest cuts assuming you need square cuts.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work in a cabinet shop to get through school and I know this sounds crazy but it works for may materials like laminates, some plastics, or thin particle woods; put your 50 or 60 tooth 10/12" circular blade in the table-saw (or other saw) BACKWARDS. You should experiment with this a little to see the result, and remember to always follow shop safety. The cut tends to come out very nice... no chipping.

Where did you buy the materials to do this?

? FRP is in most home improvement places LOWES, Home Depot our color choices are white and off white cream color matches my 1992 Itasca very well.