15 inch dually wheels

linda s

For 4x4 owners still struggling with a 15 inch wheel in front and a 14 on the back or anyone who would like to upgrade to a larger wheel I recently discovered some Dodge Sprinters came with 15" duallies. The only production 15 inchers I know of in at least 30 years. An upgrade would only require 2 adapters instead of 4 custom wheels. Here are some on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-DODGE-SPRINTER-DUAL-STEEL-WHEEL-WHEELS-RIMS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eaec45223QQitemZ200500597283QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm currently restoring a Nissan Sunrader and it sits so high on the chassis the 14 inch wheels look stupidly small. Deffinately going to keep this in mind for the future

Linda Scott

Curious about your Nissan project, can you give us some info?

Are Nissan dual rear axles compatable with Toyota drive shafts? Any idea on gearing differences? I ask because there's an old Nissan Sunrader with dually's for sale down the road, been staring at it for awhile now as a potential axle upgrade/4x4 transfer candidate. Never mind that I have no time for my current project - but one can always dream and scheme!

Any info would be helpful. Good luck with your project, hope your making more headway than I am with mine.

Kevin

Curious about your Nissan project, can you give us some info?

Are Nissan dual rear axles compatable with Toyota drive shafts? Any idea on gearing differences? I ask because there's an old Nissan Sunrader with dually's for sale down the road, been staring at it for awhile now as a potential axle upgrade/4x4 transfer candidate. Never mind that I have no time for my current project - but one can always dream and scheme!

Any info would be helpful. Good luck with your project, hope your making more headway than I am with mine.

Kevin

This is the information I've found on the Nissan axles. The gearing is very different from the toys and I'm not mechanic so I wouldn't have a clue if it would fit. I do happen to have both a Nissan and a Toy Sunrader and there are alot of differences. The main one being the Nissan is a v6. Actually the first v6 Sunrader Garner-Pacific ever made. A certified Nissan mechanic told me my d21 is number 301. Was pretty much trashed and it's draining my bank account but needed to be saved. Here's the info

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/hardbody-1st-gen-axle-info-37358/

Linda