86ToyotaMH figuring things out!!!!

Just bought the 1986 Sunraider. On the underbelly above the exhaust pipe the floor has some type of tarpaper black covering but the part above the exhaust pipe is gone from the heat and the floor boards are bowed. What material should be there for heat and can I fix the floor boards (not rotted).

Do I need to fill the hot water tank for the unit to fire up. I followed the instructions but saw no pilot in the reflecter. Nor smelled any propane(yes the tank is 3/4 full/yes the valve was open and the release valve is rusty.

Upon entering camper on my left is the stove and a switch. What is the purpose of this and does it affect just the stove burners or dual purpose by also a shut off valve or ? for what (maybe for the hot water heater!!!

Lastly The frig works on electric but the gas (no) Followed instructions but not toally clear on holding button down through whole pocess or what???

Other than these everything seems ok. All ideas are welcome. Had a scamp before this but no problems there. So did not learn what to look for. Thanks to all...

D,

On my 81 sunrader, as you enter there's a little switch just to the left, and it's to turn on 2 little floor lights in the "step up" area.

S

I'm wondering if you don't have a gas regulator issue if none of your gas stuff works right. How are the stove burners? Have you tried lighting them few a minute or two then tried the water heater and fridge?