No 12 volt power

olddude

I have no 12 volt power in my Toyota Odyssey when not plugged in. Every thing works when I plug into 110V. I tried running the engine, still no 12 volt. The monitor panel works when not plugged in. Shows that the battery condition is fair to good. I know that the newer motorhomes have a 12 volt shut off switch just inside the coach door but my factory manual doesn't show anything on mine. All the circut breakers and fuses look to be okay and not tripped/blown. I had power when unplugged up to a couple days ago, any ideas?

Edited by olddude

Did it start right after being plugged into shore power? Its possible that the relay inside the converter failed and is not making contact. When on shore power the relay is energized and connects the 12 volt lights etc to the converter power output. When off of shore pwr the relay de-energizes, closes and connects to the battery. Something may be keeping it open. Another possibility is that a hidden circuit breaker has failed. I have one buried, on the side of the battery box. Its a auto reset type. I think you need to find a multi tester and test at the battery, when your on shore power you should be getting a charge (higher voltage) to the battery. If you are not then it could point at an auto reset circuit breaker. A note here, the charging circuit by-passes the converter relay so you should see a voltage increase to the battery when on shore pwr. The auto reset breaker should be between the converter/charger and the battery. In other words, battery, then breaker then everything else. That's assuming you have a auto reset breaker. The battery power goes thru the breaker then directly to the converter relay. The charge circuit connects to the relay on the battery side.

Your monitor panel probably connects directly to the battery. Everything else has to go thru the relay.

Hope that helps.