Im 6 ft 5 inchs tall , will I be able to fit in the 78 chinook ?

enolaniaga

Oh you'll fit but you may have to get some one to help you get out!

Im assuming theres no easy way to lengthen or move back the front seat guide rails, to allow more leg room upfront ? The back of the front seats probably hit sometype of wall/ protrusion to where the RV part of the truck begins ? I hate to let this deal slip, because I think I can get the chinook for $900 and it runs good .

completely agree with Derek. Take the seat out and throw some pillows in there. You will need to go back 6" from stock and down a few inches to be comfortable.

• 1 month later...

I'm 6'5", 36" inseam, and have 2 bad knees, one of which was mangled so horribly that I actually had the interesting experience of putting pieces of knee in my shirt pocket in case the nice people in the ER could make use of 'em. While I'd certainly enjoy more room, I've been pretty comfy driving my Sunrader 800 miles in a single sitting several times. If my creaky drumsticks can hang with it, a normal person should do spiffy.

While it's possible to modify anything with the right tools and motivation, repositioning the seat looks to be a pretty tall order.

The world seems to be set up for little pipsqueaks, so sometimes ya just gotta make do.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose I'm one of those pipsqueeks of 5'9". Even so since drivi8ng my Warrior I have an interesting array of red lumps on the top of my head which weren't there before. My suggestion is that you find another good deal and have one for each foot.

i am 6 ft with short legs (32 inseam). I find my 86 sunrader rather cozy. my 90 odyssey is much roomier. also the odyssey has great headroom in back. i think it is the biggest inside of all toyhouses.

never been in the cab of an old chinook, but, seems to me it'd be awfully tight.

• 9 years later...