Sign in to follow this  
D J Dolphin 86

help with My fridge... does it work or what?

So I just got to the point on our dolphin where all the big mechanical projects are complete and am getting into the camper aspect of it all. I started the dometic fridge yesterday but it didnt seem to get cool? how long does it take? I took off the out side cover and could see the pilot light was burning... but after like 2 hrs the aluminum elemnet still wasnt cold.

So I just got to the point on our dolphin where all the big mechanical projects are complete and am getting into the camper aspect of it all. I started the dometic fridge yesterday but it didnt seem to get cool? how long does it take? I took off the out side cover and could see the pilot light was burning... but after like 2 hrs the aluminum elemnet still wasnt cold.

Unfortunately that's a bad sign. Make sure the rig is level, front to back is more important than side to side. Use the freezer tray to do the initial leveling then find a spot inside the coach that corresponds to the same level so that you do not have to open the refer when leveling. It can take a while to cool down but within a few mins the freezer shelf should start to get cold to the touch. There are several good web sites on RV refrigerators so do a google search and you will get a ton of info.